Jailbroken Apple TV2 and windows 7 laptop
Hi All,

I’m hoping I can get some advice here.

I have just bought an apple TV2. I have jailbroken it with season pass, and loaded XBMC, everything works fine on that front.

I have setup a wireless network, which both the ATV2 and my Laptop running windows 7, are connected too, wirelessly. The laptop is running Sickbeard, SABnzd, NZB Matrix and I have an account with giganews.

Now, when adding a source in XBMC the ATV2 can’t locate the correct folders where Sickbeard has stored my downloads. It does ‘see’ the laptop, but I have gone through all the options and can’t find the files anywhere.

Can the laptop act has the ‘hub/htpc’ in this scenario, or have I missed something obvious? I have done some ready around the upnp? Could that be the issue?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, as I have spent hours trying to figure this out!
have you set up those folders/directories with Windows sharing (aka, SMB)?
yes, i think so, when i go into XBMC and add source i can see my laptop, but i can't add anything. i click down in the folders and eventually get the up arrow followed by dots, almost like it can't see anything cause its in the wrong format or something...
GAPP Wrote:yes, i think so, when i go into XBMC and add source i can see my laptop, but i can't add anything. i click down in the folders and eventually get the up arrow followed by dots, almost like it can't see anything cause its in the wrong format or something...

oh and at the bottom i can't click ok, the only way of getting out of that screen is by pressing the menu button on the remote
I have win7 and I had to do this to get files to be accessable. Not sure if this is your issue though:

a) On the shared directory, make sure you have appropriate file permissions (right click Properties->Security tab->'Edit' button.. add 'Everyone' user with read permissions)

b) On the shared directory, make sure you have appropriate share permissions (right click Properties->Sharing tab->'Advanced Sharing'->'Permissions'->'Add'.. add 'Everyone' user with read permissions.
GAPP Wrote:oh and at the bottom i can't click ok, the only way of getting out of that screen is by pressing the menu button on the remote

When adding sources, XBMC doesn't display the files - you're adding the folders. Once you're in the top-level folder you want, you press the left(?) arrow to jump to the OK button.
Thanks for the help guys, I got it working.

Toshiba, it ended up being your Point B
Gapp: cool Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken Apple TV2 and windows 7 laptop0