XBMC - Video files mode - stacking
Hello!

First of all, i want to say that my english is far away from perfect, so applogize me for any of my mistakes.

Well, i have just installed xbmc. I would like to make one "Video" "directory", that contains all my video files on every hard drive i have.
Sample:
I have a tons of HD Movies in E:\Videos\HD
I also have a tons of HD Movies in F:\Videos\HD

First time i tried to add Video Files in both from those folders, but i got
HD and
HD2 in Video files folder.

Is there any way to make that in 1 Video file folder, but still from 2 hard drivers?
( I dont want to use the libary stuff, which seprate my videos by "dont know how its called, stuff like this: Horror, Action, FAntasy etc.)

Hope its understandable, if not, i will try to make it more understandable in my next few posts.
When you add sources, they will always be separate in file mode, but in library mode (going into Movies from the main menu) will show all your movies in one place.

MAKE SURE AFTER YOU ADD YOUR SOURCE THAT YOU SET CONTENT TO MOVIES. For TV Shows, set the content to TV Shows. Obviously, movies and TV Shows have to be kept in separate folders.
I have also several suggestions. You might want to rename the title, because stacking is actually a feature of XBMC and has nothing to do with your question.

Two, you're not understanding how library mode works AT ALL. You CAN separate your movies by genres, etc, but in it's most basic form, it simply lists every movie you own in a list sorted either by title or year. Pretty simple.
Star 
After you add source E:\Videos\HD

click on the ADD button within and specify F:\Videos\HD

You'll find the contents of both HD's in one HD folder.

You can edit the video source and add more drives or folders.
PatK Wrote:After you add source E:\Videos\HD

click on the ADD button within and specify F:\Videos\HD

You'll find the contents of both HD's in one HD folder.

You can edit the video source and add more drives or folders.

It doesnt work this way, if i click on ADD button (again) it will change the E:\ to F:\ means, only 1 folder will be added.
Star 
dictator4 Wrote:It doesnt work this way, if i click on ADD button (again) it will change the E:\ to F:\ means, only 1 folder will be added.

You mean it doesn't work like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dictator4 Wrote:It doesnt work this way, if i click on ADD button (again) it will change the E:\ to F:\ means, only 1 folder will be added.

It's somewhat tricky to use this feature IMO. I can get it to work, but I just prefer to add every source separately since I only use library mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Video files mode - stacking0