Song on startup
i just upgraded to the latest xbmc, and i'm kind of new to it. at the startup there's a song that starts automatically, and i have to stop it manually. i've been rebooting a lot lately, and it's starting to annoy me.. :p

any way to disable this? couldn't find anything in the manual about it..

thanks
loke
song: thats handled by autoexec.py and nothing we put in your build

sound: new in the last week is a startup sound, it's handled by a .wav in media folder. rename or remove for it to be silent.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i just moved to xbmc as a dash because i love it, even though i've never used it before now. using the 5/2/05 build, (i know nothing except what i've figured out my own) i've come to one problem. everything works fine, but then i looked into getting my music files to play when xbmc starts up. i am using autoexec.py to start a playlist but so far two things "break." running gamespotplus script does nothing and when a dvd is inserted, nothing happens. if autoexec.py is not run, both problems go away. so the question is this

a ) can i run my playlist at startup without autoexec.py somehow

b ) can i add something to autoexec.py that will fix the forementioned problems?

thanks

thom
sorry, i meant to post a new topic. i won't double post, but hopefully my question won't go unseen. anyhow, it isn't the autoexec.py itself that causes problems, it was the script i was calling up in order to play the music. i had found this and it works:

file = 'q:\\albums\\playlists\\playlist.m3u'
pls = xbmc.playlist(0)
pls.load(file)
pls.shuffle()
xbmc.player().play(pls)

but causes the problems i mentioned. i found "startup_playlist.py" and that fixes the gamespotplus problem. but i still don't get my dvd autorun after running this script either...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Song on startup0