Does XBMC run on any mediabox - Boxee Box or other?
Hey

I'm the new guy - just arrived a few minutes ago - so I'm sorry for my ignorance.

Does XBMC run on any mediabox - Boxee Box or other?

Thanks
apple tv
Thanks.

ls TV the only one?
Currently the AppleTV/AppleTV 2 are the only 'off the shelf' media boxes you can buy that will also run XBMC. Alternatively, there are many small form factor PCs (such as the Zotac ZBOX) that you can install Linux/Windows on and then run XBMC. All of these will work fine for playing back h264 video and standard def DivX/XviD, though the GUI might be a little slow on heavier skins such as Aeon.
The openelec version of xbmc will run on severval different boxes. The Xstreamer for example.

http://Www.openelec.tv
Well the Xtreamer is technically just a PC and Openelec only installs on x86 PC hardware, FYI Xtreamer have a bad reputation for customer support.

Sigma Design's one of the two major providers of chipsets to the network media player market (WDTV Live, Popcornhour, Dune etc are all Sigma) has been working on an XBMC port, so you might see something next year or you may not it's up to them.
Oh darn, another dead end.

I am looking for a mediabox that gives me a cool GUI and gets its metadata from IMDB.

I have been looking for help in a forum in Denmark where I live. A month an a couple of hundred posts later I'm more confused than I was when I started.

Thanks guys. (c;
you could buy a pulse eight box comes with openelec + xbmc installed
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/

I haven't used one but the company was set up by some XBMC devs (I think)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
A jailbroken ATV2 running XBMC is anything but a dead end.
Ned Scott Wrote:A jailbroken ATV2 running XBMC is anything but a dead end.

Sorry, english is not my first language.

I simply do not understand what this means. :o

Further more, as I mentioned, I am a noob - really!

Be gentle with me.

Thanks/jan

A jailbroken ATV2 with XBMC is nearly a perfect solution. Aside from a little sluggishness from the UI, I've got it distributed throughout the house from a central Win7 machine serving the content via WebDAV and its... seamless.

ATV2 = Apple TV 2 (Apple media streaming product)
jailbreak = hack to enable ATV2 to run non-Apple software
"anything but a dead end" = you won't be wasting your time
Since ATV2 only has the ability to link with a network, wireless or non wireless, can someone recommend another device that can link directly to a USB HD to receive the files from? I am seeking a way to by pass the need for an active computer in order for xbmc to run on my tv. Any suggestions on what hardware best runs xbmc and has the ability to act as the host with a usb two terabyte hard drive would be greatly appreciated, a link to a how to put it all together section would be super sweat as well.
angstyandroid Wrote:Since ATV2 only has the ability to link with a network, wireless or non wireless, can someone recommend another device that can link directly to a USB HD to receive the files from? I am seeking a way to by pass the need for an active computer in order for xbmc to run on my tv. Any suggestions on what hardware best runs xbmc and has the ability to act as the host with a usb two terabyte hard drive would be greatly appreciated, a link to a how to put it all together section would be super sweat as well.

How would you download the content to the hard driveHuh You can get an atv2 and get online content like icefilms which stream the content and you dont need a hard drive at all.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:How would you download the content to the hard driveHuh You can get an atv2 and get online content like icefilms which stream the content and you dont need a hard drive at all.

I have all the content I wish to access on my hard drive, music, pics, videos. Keeping a running network and running pc does not meet my minimalist goals in this setup.

It seems its not so simple to keep things simple. Anyone know how to keep it simple?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC run on any mediabox - Boxee Box or other?0