Looking for Feedback XS35GT and XS35GT-V2 Owners running OpenELEC/Linux
I've been looking to get my first HTPC for a while. Like many on the forums I am looking for something that was silent, as energy efficient as possible yet powerful enough to handle 1080p content.

The XS35GT and XS35GT-V2 both look like they fitted the bill spec wise, but after reading here and on the OpenELEC forums I have seen mentions of people suffering with stuttering/juddering. Shocked

Its also worth mentioning that I will definitely be using some form of Linux, be it Live or OpenELEC. What I can't decide is which model I should go for... assuming either are capable?

I'm not sure if the stuttering problem is limited to one version, or both. Or whether it can be resolved/overcome?

Ultimately I just want to know IF it is possible to achieve perfect playback using either of these models?

Hope somebody out there holds the answers and is able to share Laugh

Cheers

Jack
I'm one of many XS35GT (with ION) users - unit has been flawless for almost a year now, used pretty much every day with suspend to RAM function - never misses a beat.

Install is basically ubuntu 10.10 - with Nvidia binary drivers, booting to XBMC - oneday will get around to creating a minimal OS install from a base Ubuntu image and build it up - but at the moment it's still more than perfect.

Never getting any stuttering over HDMI out to my LED TV.. (Samsung)
XS35GT with Live here. Works fine. Just tested OpenELEC and for some reason it froze occasionally. No problems with original Live however. Some 1080p-videos stutter a bit sometimes, but I can live with that.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Feedback XS35GT and XS35GT-V2 Owners running OpenELEC/Linux0