Multiple directories for source, but not in library?
I had set up my system for 2 sources - movies and tv shows. Runs just fine.

Just today Edited the TV shows source and added another directory. Now when I update library, it doesn't seem to be adding from the new folder but if I browse by file they are listed there.

Any ideas why it might not be showing?
Hmm... anyone have any ideas?
I dont recall being able to have multiple directories configured in one source, but maybe my memory is failing me. If thats the case then you've done something wrong, presumably.

Common issues are - make sure you have a content type and scraper set.
And then make sure its set to scan to library, or trigger it manually yourself to set.

PS. The Movies/tv shows/library/not library schtick is a little less intuitive than one might hope. Realize that its confusing
from the outset and being very careful will go a long way.
Image I used "add" to add a second row, a second folder. The first folder continues to update as new content is updated. It's just as if the 2nd folder is ignored...
Try creating a new source rather than adding a 2nd path to the original source. In Library mode all the same type video sources get combined so even if you have 4 separate TV Sources they all get lumped together. Same with movies.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
I don't work on the library code, but as far as I know multiple directories per source should work and be scanned normally. Adding a second source would work too, though it seems a slightly inelegant way round the problem.

is there anything in the debug log to indicate what the problem is?

JR
Serendipity is funny sometimes. So I have now encountered this, and the symptoms are, "update on start" updates everything but the 2nd line source, CP or SB triggering an update doesn't work. Only a manual scan for new content seems to work. I will configure a separate source if I have to, but having two paths in one source is so elegant I'm reluctant to do so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple directories for source, but not in library?0