How to handle multiple discs in one movie, but not episodes
How would you name folders for movies that don't contain episodes? I get how you do multiple discs for a TV series, but say you have a set like Live 8 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462403/) that has 4 discs. I want to make sure tha teach one shows up as disc 1, 2, 3 & 4 and not just listed as "Live 8" four times so users know which one they are picking.

I don't think the way to name folders using episodes will work here...
File stacking (wiki)?
That looks promising... thanks. Since i've ripped in VOB format (folders), looks like I want to play with movie stacking. I guess i need to create a folder for the movie and then a subfolder for each disk... then create the regular expression in the advancedsettings.xml.

Worth a shot... thanks!
Unfortunately, either VOB or ISO is the worst format possible for stacking. If you instead rip to pretty much anything else (mkv, avi whatever) then you'd have a seamless stacking experience.

Ofcourse, that may not be what you're after (the menus for example might be useful for you).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-10, 08:17)jmarshall Wrote: Unfortunately, either VOB or ISO is the worst format possible for stacking. If you instead rip to pretty much anything else (mkv, avi whatever) then you'd have a seamless stacking experience.

Ofcourse, that may not be what you're after (the menus for example might be useful for you).

Totaly in agreement...I personally think the best of both worlds is to:
  1. convert each file you want to keep as an mkv
  2. place all related files into a movie set for movies or in season 0 for tv shows so that it takes the place of a dvd/bd menu

The end result is one item in a list that when opened acts like a folder with only the media files you want instead of a bunch of behind the scenes and other extras taking up space on your hard drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to handle multiple discs in one movie, but not episodes0