Files Under Videos Blank
Question 
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and appreciate that you all are here. I've read Keith's and Davilla's posts concerning all the info. needed to get help but must beg for your mercy as this is beyond me since my second brain surgery and heavy meds. I was an Apple tech. before I got sick so I know how important this info. can be. Still, I'm hoping this might be something you've seen before. I'm confined to the couch and it would mean a lot to be able to get this going, if possible.

I'm trying to setup XBMC on an ATV2 running ATV Flash (Black) 1.0. Our videos live on a Time Capsule we access wirelessly; we've been viewing the videos using Flash's media server for several months with no problems.

I found an excellent PDF with step-by-step instructions for our exact configuration. When I get to step two, however, (go to Files under Videos) there is nothing whatsoever in our Files screen. The Library screen next to it is populated, but I've been unable to get that working via the SMB option.

So is this something you've seen or can help me troubleshoot. I do apologize if I've offended.
Don't hit videos ... but hit "Files" in that submenu below Videos ... There you can add sources and should be able to browse your time capsule stuff...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's the Files screen that is completely black, Memphiz. I see that there is a way to add a directory in the PDF guide I have but on my actual screen there is absolutely nothing but blackness. I tried deleting and re-installing XBMC to no avail.
If you haven't done so already - update to the latest nightly build:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...htly_build
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Upon trying to install Cydia as pre-requisite I get the following in terminal. What's even stranger is that when I try to enter the pass; alpine, the letters do not appear. That's why the "try again" line. I typed and they did not appear. I've done a fair amount in terminal and this has never happened before. Does anyone have any clue?

The authenticity of host '10.0.1.2 (10.0.1.2)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 49:75:d6:67:0a:df:3f:bd:a8:40:b8:97:31:7a:cd:9f.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '10.0.1.2' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
[email protected]'s password:
Permission denied, please try again.
[email protected]'s password:
Also, is it safe to leave it like this?
when the password is typed, the characters are not supposed to actually show when you type. They are purposely not shown for general security reasons. Try again, make sure you type the password correctly. It should accept.
Cool! Thanks so much, Toshiba!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files Under Videos Blank0