Can't connect SSH
I am trying to get into my apple tv using filezilla as thats what i used the first time yesterday when i did my initial apple tv jail break and install of icefilms. Now i cannot connect, i am entering my IP address, and username root and password alpine, it just refuses to connect , yesterday had no issues, can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong?
thanks
churs
chrisjohnson83 Wrote:I am trying to get into my apple tv using filezilla as thats what i used the first time yesterday when i did my initial apple tv jail break and install of icefilms. Now i cannot connect, i am entering my IP address, and username root and password alpine, it just refuses to connect , yesterday had no issues, can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong?
thanks
churs

Check if nobody of your family members has updated the appletv2 to a non-jailbroken firmware Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
nope its still on 4.3 have xbmc, plex, etc. I just am having troubles connecting when plugged in via usb using firezilla, it asks for a host which i used IP under general and about, then i used root for username, alpine for password, do i have to add anything to port? or do i leave that blank?
Are you try to connect via the USB cable? You can get your AppleTV's IP address from the main window (non-XBMC) under settings->network. The only time you need the USB cable is to jailbreak.
chrisjohnson83 Wrote:nope its still on 4.3 have xbmc, plex, etc. I just am having troubles connecting when plugged in via usb using firezilla, it asks for a host which i used IP under general and about, then i used root for username, alpine for password, do i have to add anything to port? or do i leave that blank?

Wait your connected via USB? Not by a network?
You need the apple tv connected to the network to use SSH, USB should have nothing to do with it.
When you get the IP under general->about is this at the same time that you are trying to connect to it via SSH?
ya i think i know what you mean, i am at work and was thinking that i didnt need usb and need to have the apple tv plugged in and poweredon and then use filezilla on computer. My bad, i will give it a try tonight after work, thanks
Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect SSH0