Auto Mount AFP Share
Question 
I have installed the live CD and have it configured close what I need. The only issue is that I can not figure how to mount an AFP share at boot. I have installed afpfs-ng and I am able to mount the share with no problem using the mount_afp to mount my share manually.

I can not figure out how to auto mount my afp share on boot. I have tried this below but it does not work and I get an error on the splash screen stating that there is problems with my mount.

==========================================

How do I automatically mount my filesystems with FUSE?

This is pretty simple:
create a file called '/etc/fuse.conf' with one line:
user_allow_other
make sure that any user doing a mount is a member of the group 'fuse' so it can read and write to /dev/fuse
create an entry in /etc/fstab entry in the following format:
afpfs#afp://username:[email protected]/alexdevries /tmp/xa20 fuse user=adevries,group=fuse 0 0

Here, alexdevries and mypass are the login information on the server 10.211.55.2. The volume name is also alexdevries. /tmp/xa20 is the name of the mountpoint. The user= field is the local user, group needs to be the same the group owner of /dev/fuse.

==============================================

I have also tried making an rc script and creating a service using update-rc.d.

Can anyone give me a hand and tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.
Hi,
I installed afpfs-ng though nitoTV, but I am unable to execute mount_afp command from Terminal after connecting to ATV 2(4.4.4 jailbreak seas0nPass).

Could you tell me how did you install mount_afp?
Sorry, Unfortunately I returned my Apple TV a week after I got it due to poor GUI performance. I have no way to perform further testing on this feature.

Sorry about that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto Mount AFP Share0