First attempt at XBMC-- catastrophic fail
ZOMBIE THREAD! SKIP A BIT: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1889306
Well, after countless hours learning nuances, buying subscriptions to usenet, learning to configure complicated software and hardware, my media center is... crap.

I'm going to start cataloging all the ways it's screwed up and try and find solutions to each. They are too numerous to list in one thread and expect to get help.

I guess I'm hoping to hear from others whose first XBMC outings were such... fail.
I've never had an issue with XBMC that I would call a catastrophic fail. Some shortcomings and frustrating moments, sure, but not failure.

I don't know what issues you've had, but I suspect you tried to bite off more than you could chew. From your other posts it seems you went hook line and sinker into trying to automate usenet downloads. A tip from myself, if you have to pay to pirate then you're doing it wrong.

In any case, XBMC is a media center. It is not responsible for how you obtain your content, how you or someone else names files, or if someone ripped a DVD with poor settings. Unless this is about the XBMC software itself, we are not interested in hearing about how hard it is to pirate movies.
That post is one several I'm creating, one aspect of XBMC that was one of several issues I'm having. I haven't had time to catalog the rest of the issues. If you want to criticize that post, you should do it in that thread.
I should also clarify I'm not calling XBMC crap. I'm calling my first attempt at it. I am trying out every popular and feature of it, and after many hours, there is more to it that doesn't work than does work. I'm going back to the drawing board and perhaps I'm just the worst at it of everyone reading this post. That's okay, too, I guess!
My apologies.
I think if you had listed the problems you were having in the first post then this thread would have been more constructive.

As it stands at the moment there doesn't seem to be much point in this thread.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Hence my mistaken assumptions. Still, please feel free to post what you are having issues with and we will try and help. Just be careful of gray area topics, like where your media is found ;) We don't outright forbid such posts, as long as they focus on technical issues.
5 years later, I got the hang of it :p Was trying to master way too many things at once. Thank you all for making Kodi great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First attempt at XBMC-- catastrophic fail0