Update Library with updated info for movies/TV
Does this exists or whats the best way of achieving this.

I have nearly 1000 movies and 20 tv shows (several on going). I always export my library as seperate files so if anything happens to my database then i can easily import back in without having to re-scrap.

Ive noticed when a new season happens on a tv show the lastest season thumb does not exist and i have to delete the season nfo and refresh from the web to load the latest season thumb.

Is there a way i can scan my collection and if there is more information than i currently have to update the DB & nfo? This would be useful for the latest movies too as the information no doubt gets updated at a later date as well as the ratings!
djashjones Wrote:Is there a way i can scan my collection and if there is more information than i currently have to update the DB & nfo?

I'm looking to solve this as well. Currently I don't think it's possible. As I understand it there are only a handful of ways to update the library:

- set the "update library on startup" option and then restart xbmc. I think this just adds new content

- the xbmc rpc method can do it too but this is used by programs like sickbeard to update a show when it's downloaded.

- delete the source and re-add it. this will do what we want for sure, but it's a pain in the ass.

I don't think a "refresh library" exists in that it will compare the database with the nfo/trailer/fanart/poster and then update accordingly. If there is then I hope that someone corrects me.
Refresh does exist but only for separate library items (AFAIK). The highest level you can do this is a TV show.
For what it's worth, all my XBMC front-ends use SQL and shared folders for their info (NFO, JPG, covers, posters, etc...). I have XBMC setup on my desktop where I do all my updating and scanning, that way I can get everything finalized on my desktop, make sure the info is correct and not have to worry about updating all my front ends. Plus it means I don't have to hook up keyboards or fiddle with remotes on any of the front ends to get new stuff added. Makes life a ton easier to manage large collections (mine is 60+ tv shows and 5,000+ movies)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library with updated info for movies/TV0