Multiple Artist fan-art
Hi everyone, firstly can I say that this forum has been an invaluable resource in setting up my XBMC experience. I have nearly tweaked my music library to perfection but there is one issue bugging me. I have searched the forum but I have not found any answers...

When I have multiple artists on a track then no fan-art will be displayed even if I have fan-art for the individual artists. Is it possible to make it so the fan-art of the first artist is displayed.

So for example when I play 'Pumped up Kicks' by Foster the People/Mark Foster no fan-art will be displayed when I would like the Foster the People picture to be displayed. Any ideas?
Are we talking regular fanart of extrafanart? For regular fanart if this happens it's ptrobably an xbmc bug, because the skin just loads the available fanart. For extrafanart the fanart folder must match the artist name how it appears in xbmc in the path you provide in the viewtype setting to your music library. So that doesn't work for multiple artists. If you have album artists filled in correctly you can edit the skin to show the extrafanart from that tag. Just do a search and replace in the xmls for
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,/extrafanart]
with
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.AlbumArtist,,/extrafanart]
and
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist,,/extrafanart]
with
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.AlbumArtist,,/extrafanart]

This is not tested by me but in theory this should work.
Cheers for the reply. I was talking about normal fanart rather than any extra fanart so it looks like it is an xbmc bug rather than anything to do with the skin.

I will probably give your code a go just to see if it works as a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Artist fan-art0