USB drive not appearing under Videos / Files
When I plug a USB thumb-drive into my XBMC box, I can see it as a source under Pictures and Music, but not under Videos. The files can be viewed in the file manager, and I can cat a text file at the command line, etc., so I know the drive is mounting OK.

This is a brand-new install on Intel Sandy Bridge (following alanwww's excellent guide) running Ubuntu Oneiric minimal, and the current build as of yesterday from the unstable PPA.
blandoon Wrote:When I plug a USB thumb-drive into my XBMC box, I can see it as a source under Pictures and Music, but not under Videos. The files can be viewed in the file manager, and I can cat a text file at the command line, etc., so I know the drive is mounting OK.

This is a brand-new install on Intel Sandy Bridge (following alanwww's excellent guide) running Ubuntu Oneiric minimal, and the current build as of yesterday from the unstable PPA.

Noticed the same thing with my USB hard drive. I had to set it up as a source by manually typing the path ...doesn't show up in browse for some reason.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Hi,

How do you add a USB drive using a path?
I am having a similar and new to Linux and xbmc.
I can see the drive if I goto settings then files browse the contents and even play files. However if I try to add a source in videos it's not there.

Haven't tried music yet.

Thanks
Shaunie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB drive not appearing under Videos / Files1