aspect ratio & resolution problem
If the resolution you're using works then stick with that. It's just that assuming I have the correct manual, your TV doesn't do 1080p. It's maximum resolution is 1366x768 and 1080p is 1920x1080.

You're correct that the VGA connector is a lower quality than HDMI, however it would fix the overscan problem. I can't find anything in the manual to suggest that you can disable overscan with an HDMI connection.

JR
@jhsrennie

His screen does support 720p and 1080p your find those on page 40 under Aspect Ratio if you look at the chart it gives the input type Component/HDMI resolution and refresh rate and aspect option available for each

VGA can suffer from interference but a good cable can fix that but up to a certain size screen you wouldn't see any difference in quality, using a HDMI with overscan will never be as good as VGA 1.1 pixel mapping maybe during video it would be hard to see the difference but in the GUI especially text it would be obvious of course this is just my own observation

I wouldn't bother either if your happy with it Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hello,

I have another question, regardless of the resolution the video is recorded, the xbmc seems to be only capable of playing in one mode, as selected. For instance, I'm connecting my HTPC to an AVR via HDMI. The video resolution in the XBMC is set to 1920x1080, so any video playback will output to the AVR in 1080. I'd like to have the possibility of having SD material playing at its SD resolution and then selecting (or not) the AVR upscaling.

Would that be possible? I'm using Dharma with confluence skin and the XBMC player.

Thanks and happy new year!

P.S. I did some searching in the forum and couldn't find it, please let me apologize if there's already a thread on that
No, XBMC plays at the resolution you have Windows set to.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:No, XBMC plays at the resolution you have Windows set to.

JR

Ok, that was what i presumed

I will investigate in the XBMC upscaling then

Thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aspect ratio & resolution problem0