XBMC on Apple TV2 - Various Issues
Hi All,

I have just installed XBMC on my Apple TV2, which has ATV Flash Black installed. It was installed via the ATV Flash Manage Addons menu, so not exactly sure of the version it used. All seems to be working fine except for two very frustrating issues!

1) The MovieDB scraper won't connect. I've seen some other posts about this and it looks fairly common. Is there a fix? Is there a place I can get the logs specifically for this? I couldn't make much sense of the scraper lines in the xbmc.log file. The IMDB scraper seems to work, but it doesn't seem very accurate in its matching. XBMC just isn't the same without a library!

2) Sources have been setup via SMB, ie (smb://username:[email protected]/sharename). This works fine within XBMC itself, but when using a remote (ie XBMC Commander or Constellation), I can't browse the directories. They come up blank. The xbmc.log file says access was denied, but I can still browse the directories fine from within the XBMC menu itself. It's as if the username:password part of the SMB string is being omitted when XBMC is being controlled from a remote? This was working fine when I ran XBMC on windows.

Thanks for any help.

HopHead
Update to the nightly build. Don't use the IMDB scraper as it is crap.
Have a read of the FAQ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Apple TV2 - Various Issues0