movie files won't appear on xbmc
Hello community,

I installed the newest nightly build of xbmc on my apple tv 2. On my iMac (OS X Lion) I changed the filesharing settings to AFP and also SMB and I allowed filesharing on my external HD, which is connected to the iMac (USB).

I've already read here, that SMB won't work with Lion...but using the zeroconf browser, I'm able to connect the apple TV 2 to my external HD (using AFP).

But not all my videos are shown on the xbmac...in fact, the most of my files won't appear. These video files are avi, mpeg,-files (xvid)....normally xbmc should not have problems managing these files....

Any ideas? Thank you

fishrain45
fishrain45 Wrote:Hello community,

I installed the newest nightly build of xbmc on my apple tv 2. On my iMac (OS X Lion) I changed the filesharing settings to AFP and also SMB and I allowed filesharing on my external HD, which is connected to the iMac (USB).

I've already read here, that SMB won't work with Lion...but using the zeroconf browser, I'm able to connect the apple TV 2 to my external HD (using AFP).

But not all my videos are shown on the xbmac...in fact, the most of my files won't appear. These video files are avi, mpeg,-files (xvid)....normally xbmc should not have problems managing these files....

Any ideas? Thank you

fishrain45

Most likely, you're looking at the movies that XBMC was able to find the information for. If you go to Files (Videos > Files > [your added folder containing the movies]) you can look up the information for the individual movies by highlighting a movie and then pushing and holding the Select button on your Apple remote. This will make them appear in the library mode.

You can avoid this situation by either choosing to use folder names for look ups and putting every movie in its own folder, bearing the exact name of the movie, or by renaming the files themselves to the exact movie name.
thank you! i forgot, to scan the folder's content !!! now it works....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie files won't appear on xbmc0