looking for a real media manager/organizer
Question 
Ember Media Manager, Media Companion and all the others aren’t manager programs for me. They have only scraping feature and some basic register feature, but I can not manage my collection with them. They aren’t supporting any important workflow: finding movies without dub or sub, checking different versions of the same movie, filtering on any basis, having grid style view with user defined columns and filters, having a globel view on the metadata, etc. Scraping is a very important feature, but it is only the begining..

Is there any sw with these features (and with scraping feature of course)?

Thanks a lot!
I don't know what version of ember you used but you must have missed loads of stuff as it has filtering for pretty much everything including "Duplicates"

What exactly do you mean globel view on the metadata you can have all that info in the same place as fanart in the main window
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks! Smile

How would you do the following:

You have a 2000 entry movie collection. You want to list all movies without your native language dub. Then check the subs by the filtered movies: is there a native lang sub or eng sub? Then check and determine the unknown sub’s language and record it in the Ember’s db and in the orig movie file tag.

Global view would be a spreadsheet style grid view with the most important datas.
Every row a movie, custom column. Sorting, filtering, modifying (or other task) with cell click context menu. Etc..
You should take a look at mymovies it may fit some of your requirements downside its not free

http://www.mymovies.dk/home.aspx
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks! I'll give a try.
You can try XBNE, he can do many things, some say too much, but if you can matriser he will do what you request otherwise, I request what is missing;-)
XBNE : XBMC Video DataBase / Nfo Editor
Download - Forum - Donate

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for a real media manager/organizer0