Audio problems in BBC HD Stream
OTA HD just got turned on in my region but hit a big problem with audio, the bbc are switching sound formats for different shows.

mythtv ticket for this problem : http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10079

the first program i wanted to watch in HD was Frozen Planet but the sound died just as it started :<

from vlc codec info:

before frozen planet starts
Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Channels: stereo

after
Channels: 3F2R/LFE

Hope this can be fixed in xbmc-pvr, i'm using the libcmyth latest git update today.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
What Tuner are you using?
deadite66 Wrote:OTA HD just got turned on in my region but hit a big problem with audio, the bbc are switching sound formats for different shows.

mythtv ticket for this problem : http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10079

the first program i wanted to watch in HD was Frozen Planet but the sound died just as it started :<

from vlc codec info:

before frozen planet starts
Channels: stereo

after
Channels: 3F2R/LFE

Hope this can be fixed in xbmc-pvr, i'm using the libcmyth latest git update today.

The ticket's marked as fixed - they look like they've included the two patches in the latest code. Are you running a cutting-edge version of mythtv that includes those two patches? If you're not, then the first step is to update. Then test it out in mythfrontend. If it works there, then test the libcmyth addon.....

Jim
i'm using 2 PCTV 290e usb dongles.

should it matter what version the backend is, doesn't it just dump the stream to a file?

it's only a problem when BBC switch the stream from stereo to surround another BBC program i recorded played fine as it was only in stereo.

ubuntu oneiric repo: 2:0:24.0+fixes.20110908.1de0431-0ubuntu1

i tried the file in mplayer, media player classic and vlc.
vlc was the only one that could play it and only after i switched to the audio described track and back.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Could be VLC plays the file ok due to it using a newer version of ffmpeg than xbmc? As far as I'm aware, the version used in xbmc isn't going to be bumped until after eden is released..... if myth's just dumping it into a file and xbmc can't cope where VLC can, then it's probably going to be something ffmpeg related?
yes the mythtv ticket talks about this being fixed in ffmpeg.
updated to the mythbuntu ppa, looks like i'll be using mythfrontend until xbmc catches up :<
The version of ffmpeg MythTv is using has a lot of usefull patches. I hope someday to get the time to see if they can be applied to xbmc.
that would be great tsp42.
deadite66: I've updated my repo with the fix from MythTV so the audio should work now. Just be warned that the current version of xbmc PVR is quite unstable but I hope it will soon be fixed.
that's great tsp42 many thanks, won't be able to test the audio out until tomorrow night though.

EDIT: actually i forgot to delete a version i was trying to recompress on my desktop, now copying it back to the htpc.

EDIT2: it works, i have sound on Frozen Planet Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems in BBC HD Stream0