Need Help with a build
Appreciate the Help Guys All Ordered Smile

Even though this is not mine Im pretty excited because this is my First build from Picking out the parts to putting it together.

Plus I get to use it since I am the builder Smile
nice job!

update your list in post #1 Smile
eskro Wrote:nice job!

update your list in post #1 Smile

Thanks Updated. We kept the 20" Monitor cause A. its a small Desk and B. He didnt want to pay the extra $40 for it cause its not like an 11 year old will care if its HDMI cable or no.

Of course this computer will be used as an HTPC cause it will be plugged into his TV via HDMI as well as his monitor with xbmc running Smile

I may buy that Monitor for myself though mine is pretty outdated haha.
right on!
so u kept same cooler?
eskro Wrote:so u kept same cooler?

Yea I ended up keeping it because reviews werent so hot on newegg about it.. Plus this one lights up blue to match the rest of the case lighting up blue lol.
if your happy, right on!!
Get the case you like! you are the one who is looking at it! Smile
Beer40oz Wrote:Get the case you like! you are the one who is looking at it! Smile

Oh dont worry I did lol
Updated Processor Smile Canceled my Order last night and re-ordered this morning cause last night this 6 core CPU went on sale for $119 and I paid $104 for a Quad Core... Why not take advantage spend $15 more to get a 6 core CPU im pretty excited to see what it can do.
toymachine2009 Wrote:Updated Processor Smile Canceled my Order last night and re-ordered this morning cause last night this 6 core CPU went on sale for $119 and I paid $104 for a Quad Core... Why not take advantage spend $15 more to get a 6 core CPU im pretty excited to see what it can do.

Cool yes thats not a bad deal! sweet..... nice little setup you got there.. the case it's pretty sweet too. Nod
Beer40oz Wrote:Cool yes thats not a bad deal! sweet..... nice little setup you got there.. the case it's pretty sweet too. Nod

Ha thanks its pretty sweet! Too bad its going to an 11 year old tho.. No worries ill push him off when I wanna use it hahaha Laugh

To think I build my own computer last year and Spent $98 on 4 gigs of ddr2 ram now his is getting ddr3 8 gigs of ram for $29.99.. Im definitely considering its time for a rebuild for me. At least new Mobo, Processor, Ram lol
Ftw!!!!!!!!!!
Alright soo in my build you will notice I did not order an Hard Drive and that is because right now they are ridiculously priced. No worries though in my current computer I am on has 2, 250 gig hard drives one which is empty and I dont use! So I was like okay ill just throw that one in this build since I dont use it and never put anything on it.

Here is where the problem is. I unplug that 2nd hard drive from my computer and now it wont boot. I get an error during startup saying please insert your windows disc and click repair. I was like wow thats weird and trust me this was not the HD with Windows on it cause when I plugged it back in and unplugged my other one it then said please select a bootable drive to boot from.

So sounds like this is in some sort of RAID because it needs that 2nd hard drive to boot properly. So I plugged in both drives at same time and it boots right up fine. Again I unplugged 2nd one to see if it was a fluke and it no longer would boot to windows.

So right now I cant finish this build until I can figure out how to take this 2nd hard drive out and still use my current computer. I dont know how to set anything to RAID never have done it before so Idk if it is set to that or what it could be its just weird.

Anyone got any ideas on this?
wow, thats weird,,,
but thing is, when i install my OS,
i always unplug any hard drives except the needed one...
but i know this doesnt help you now...
im not sure of what u can do...
if not, you'll have to re-install :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with a build0