ZBox Nano AD10 - Radeon 6300
Sad 
Okay, I started down the Ubuntu path, but it failed on the HD audio part and BluRay playback. I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting any video acceleration either, as uptime was reporting numbers 1+ when playing 1080p. SD and 1080i played fine, but 1080p wouldn't play anything close to smoothly - unwatchable.

So I figured I'd go down the Windows 7 path. I did a clean install, installed Catalyst 11.11, XBMC nightly.

And now, nothing plays right. 1080i content stutters every 10 seconds or so (mostly audio), same with 480i/p content. BluRay audio sounds good, but is LPCM only (no bitstream), and the video is unwatchable again - stuttering like crazy.

What am I dong wrong here?

For reference, I have XBMC on a 2011 Mac Mini working great, with the same 1080p content (without HD audio though) and using XBMC nightlies for BD ISO support. I also have this working fine on a Popcorn hour A110 and C200, although I hate their UI, and I missed XBMC, which is why I'm back. (I'm an original XBMC on XBox guy, soldering iron and all.)

I'm mounting the videos in Windows over SMB. While I'd consider that a possible issue for 1080p, the DVD and 1080i content should be fine.

I have DX2 on in XBMC, and vertical blanking both on and off (no difference). I didn't do much in the Catalyst control panel.

Any advice? I'd really like to get XBMC + 1080p + HD audio working on some platform. I can do Linux or Windows or Mac, but 1080p BD ISOs are a requirement (although I could convert to M2TS again if that would make all the difference), and HD audio is an absolute requirement (would prefer bitstream, but LPCM would be okay if that's all I can get).

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm desperate...
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Now start a 1080p video, let it play, well stutter, for a minute or two then stop the video and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZBox Nano AD10 - Radeon 63000