XBMC Live on USB - Networking Issues
Hi, I'm kinda new to XBMC and linux and was hoping for a noob guide or a point in the right direction on solving my problem.

I have a live copy of XBMC 10.1 (iso) that works great. I am actually using it to set up a custom SNES gaming console using zsnes and a launcher.

I have installed my live copy to a USB drive, and it boots up and runs fine, except for networking. The live cd seems to pick up my network right off the bat but everytime i boot the usb i get nothing.

I could just use the live cd.. but this means reinstalling zsnes and a launcher and loading roms everytime the console is rebooted.

Is there a way I can install packages to the live cd, and then burn a new ISO? Or perhaps a way I can install whatever packages I need and then do an install to usb?

where should i start?

Thanks in advance.
I might have had the same thing happening to me when first testing from the Live CD and then installing to a USB (but I can't remember for sure).

This is taken from a guide for installing on my particular hardware (Shuttle XS35GT), dunno if it's of any help:

Now do the following:

$ cd /lib/modules/2.6.32-26-generic/kernel/drivers/net/
$ sudo modprobe jme

Now that the driver is installed, you need to configure your network. For simplicity, I will assume your router contains a DHCP server to provide IP addresses to requesting connected network devices, such as your media center.

$ sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
# add these 2 lines:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Now save the file and quit editing the file.

At the command line again, type:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

You should now have wired ethernet networking operational. Type the following to see your IP address:
$ sudo ifconfig -a
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on USB - Networking Issues0