Need help with zotac HD11 set up please!!!
thank you and thank you so much Wiz...as per zotac website the version is what u mentioned but on download and after extracting the file in folder pa140.zip/1008a it actually shows 1400825A.ROM.....any way...i guess zotac forget to update the info...
I'm planning to keep xbmc as live booting through my 8GB stick everytime and later some day will install windows 7 32 bit as separate OS ..so it's going to be dual boot...i think it will also speed up the booting process for xbmc...

one more thing..don't know if it's right thread to ask for..anyway...
planning to buy NAS soon...
which is best method to watch downlaoded movies (through torr..and non torr..sources etc) on XBMC...i don't want to convert any movie format etc...just want to watch right after the download in the format the way they have been downloaded.....
will above xbmc (dual boot) set up work for this kind of stuff??
Thanks again!!
Satfan
thanks again blue ray....was busy writing post...may be u can help with the last post....
i'm working on getting all the stuff ready...and will update....just wondering....do u have a NAS set up..if not...where do u store all media etc for XBMCHuh
Thanks!!
satfan
after reading your last post i'm kinda confused which method to choose between....
xbmc live or xbmc on windows 7....that's for sure that i will be installing windows 7 on this zotac...but same time kinda concerned about xbmc performance over windows compared to stand alone xbmc....any suggestions...
satfan
wiz561 Wrote:As far as how to admin a Windows workstation, it's up to you with what you want to do. If you want to run it without virus protection and updates, that's fine. If it was me, I would be patching it and running antivirus. With Linux, you don't have to worry about antivirus, and there's a minimal amount of services running on the box. Less services means less overhead, and less vulnerabilities to worry about.
If it HTPC, why are you worry so much about antivirus, patch, update, etc? You can simply turn off all updates, antivirus, hide all MS services, etc. Afterall, you don't have antivirus in Linux, right? As you might hace noticed, there isn't any antivirus in media player either. If you are building HTPC with Windows, you should have to worry any of those either.

Again, we're not talking about desktop PC!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
satfan Wrote:that's for sure that i will be installing windows 7 on this zotac...but same time kinda concerned about xbmc performance over windows compared to stand alone xbmc....any suggestions...
satfan
Since you are going to install w7 on it, you can simply try Dharma 10.1 for Windows first. If you don't like the performance, then you can move on to other method. It'll be less confusing to try one thing at a time.
satfan Wrote:wondering....do u have a NAS set up..if not...where do u store all media etc for XBMCHuh
Thanks!!
satfan
Unfortunately, I don't have Ethernet pre-wired in the house. I don't like the quality of playback full 1080P with DTS-HD and TrueHD over wireless network. For now, I'm very happy with USB 3.0 drive- Buffalo Technology MiniStation Stealth 1 TB USB 3.0. This USB drive is very fast. Since it is USB powered, it is very convenience to move it around the house.

For more storage, I use one of these- Western Digital Elements 2TB .
bluray Wrote:You might be still sleeping then. What are these "bloated with a bunch of windows stuff and I don't have to run virus protection, I don't have to update it"? It sound as you are trying to setup a desktop PC, and not HPTC. For HTPC with Windows, none of these are true. You can turn off all antivirus, updates, all other junks, etc. and HTPC will run as smooth as silk!

Linux still has less overhead. Only need Windows for Bluray and Netflix. Plus the popular XBMC Linux installs (Live, OpenELEC, etc) are free. Windows 7 adds a lot to an HTPC's price tag.
Ned Scott Wrote:Linux still has less overhead. Only need Windows for Bluray and Netflix. Plus the popular XBMC Linux installs (Live, OpenELEC, etc) are free. Windows 7 adds a lot to an HTPC's price tag.
If price is the main concern, I totally agreed. With proper configuration for HTPC purpose, Windows 7 and XBMC can be as smooth as you want it to be. It has more options than anything else on the market too. Windows 8 is on the way soon! Smile
hello everyone once again...

couldn't get through the first step even....................the BIOS update for Zotac HD-ID11...

will apreciate if some one can please give easy instructions (or web link) for this??
thanks!!
safan
satfan Wrote:hello everyone once again...

couldn't get through the first step even....................the BIOS update for Zotac HD-ID11...

will apreciate if some one can please give easy instructions (or web link) for this??
thanks!!
safan
Have you look for information in here- ZBOX HD-ID11.
thanks!!

yes that's from where i downloaded the file....it does come with a pdf note file but i couldn't really make sense of it....was trying these two ways (links below) but even it's hard for a linux nooby...got stuck halfway while trying going through the steps....please look into those links and let me know which one make sense to you and then may be u can help further...

Link1: check step 2 Update BIOS (i got stuck at especially at step 4 and onwards)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._it_to_usb

Link 2: Upgrading the BIOS by matchesmalone on this forum

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...box&page=6

thanks gain!!
satfan
Little late to this thread, but I would check out the openELEC for the Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11. I have this same zbox and had been running XBMClive on it for over a year now.

I switch to OpenELEC last night. Using the OpenELEC ION x86_64 build for it and a SSD hard drive. Very easy install. Small change to get HDMI change working, including menu sounds.

And it is fast. Not just talking the start up time. I'm talking faster menus and almost instant start time for my VIDEO_TS movies on my Network storage.

It can be found at openelec.tv
My HD-ID11 has just packed up with Openelec, there appears to be a problem with network shares... it wont play files from my server via SMB... I was having a look over here to see if anyone has a fully working ID11 with XBMCLive without having to pop the bonnet? Huh as my Linux skills are marginal.

I've done the auto update and rebooted countless times and also wiped it and re-installed.. still no shares. looks like others have had the same issue with the ID11 on the openelec forums. Windows and Xbox installs of XBMC are fine running off the same LAN/Server.
Hi guys, my two cents about this fantastic Zbox ID-11, since I am already building my third XBMC box with that.

My first one was made to be used in my bedroom, is running on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits, with a 2Gb RAM stick and a Crucial 64gb SSD connect to LG LCD 42".
I stream everything from my main computer in the living room where a total of 6TB are stored, through a gigabit ethernet although i have used 100mb ethernet also with no issues.

I must say, it's the most wonderful box I could built: I can play anything with no issues, no jerky movements, no sinc issues, and i am talking about 1080s including a 37Gb version of 'Saving Private Ryan' and even bluray ISOs (tried Phantom Menace ISO and was amazing) and all the rest.

Them I've built a second one running Win7 Pro 64 bits, with again a Samsung 2GB RAM stick but with a old Hitachi Travelstar 2.5" HDD 60Gb bought on eBay for £9,00! This box is streaming from a external 1Tb Seagate HD connect on the USB2.0 slot, and again it plays everything!

Right now I am building my third one as a Xmas present to my grandson with Win7 Home Premium, 2GB RAM and another old Hitachi Travelstar HDD.

The bombshell: all these boxes are running XBMC Pre-Eden with AEON MQ3! I have also updated the Bios to the latest version found at the USA Zotac website. All the boxes are also been controlled with Logitech Harmony RCs (i300 and 650) + HP USB IR receivers, and Logitech WIFI keyboards.

I hope I've helped somebody else to decide the way to go with this box.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with zotac HD11 set up please!!!0