Question about Scan media on launch
I am new tO xbmc and appletv. I had appletv on my appletv2 and I have it set to scan my tv and movies on launch. That way if I as any new shows or movies it will easily pick them up and add them to my library. The problem is that it seems like it scans my whole library each time and constantly keeps giving me a polio telling me it could not connect to the scraper service. It asks me if I want to continue scanning and I say yes.also while its scanning, it makes things run a little slower. i just want it to add any new media. Does it have to scan te whole library each time?

What do other people do?
bdee1 Wrote:I am new tO xbmc and appletv. I had appletv on my appletv2 and I have it set to scan my tv and movies on launch. That way if I as any new shows or movies it will easily pick them up and add them to my library. The problem is that it seems like it scans my whole library each time and constantly keeps giving me a polio telling me it could not connect to the scraper service. It asks me if I want to continue scanning and I say yes.also while its scanning, it makes things run a little slower. i just want it to add any new media. Does it have to scan te whole library each time?

What do other people do?

scan new context option
Where is that?
Make sure you are using the latest nightly build: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...htly_build
As Ned said - get the nightly. It will stop/reduce the connection errors. It will still take some time to do the rescan and the unit will be almost useless for playing video until it is done. I would not use scan on startup unless you don't want to use it straight away.
g-off Wrote:As Ned said - get the nightly. It will stop/reduce the connection errors. It will still take some time to do the rescan and the unit will be almost useless for playing video until it is done. I would not use scan on startup unless you don't want to use it straight away.

Ok I'll work on that. So if I don't run it at startup then do I have to manually tell it to do a scan every time I add a movie or tv episode?
That's what I do. Start it up when you are done for the night. There are also some plugins that can schedule it for you. Can't help you with the name so have a search.
g-off Wrote:That's what I do. Start it up when you are done for the night. There are also some plugins that can schedule it for you. Can't help you with the name so have a search.

Oh yea scheduling it would work. I'll look around for that. Thanks everyone!!
Ned Scott Wrote:Make sure you are using the latest nightly build: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...htly_build

ok i think i have the latest nightly build on there. i followed all the styeps and it seemed successful... is there somewhere inxbmc where i can confirm the version that its running?
Settings --> System Info

It'll give you a "Compiled" date, which should be the same date as the build you installed.
bdee1 Wrote:Oh yea scheduling it would work. I'll look around for that. Thanks everyone!!

Any luck - I'd love to get a fast find on a scheduler for library scanning!!!!!
I know it is easier to ask a question than to search but isn't it much quicker just to search for yourself? I am lazy as the next person, but impatience is a strong drive too.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...uto_Update
Is it easier to be off topic rather than read the first post and what he's trying to do.

You can tell it to scan a certain directory. If your server is a Mac, you can enable watched folders and every time something new is added have it scan automatically. (Will require some apple script sorcery.)
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about Scan media on launch0