Editing titles that the scraper got wrong
My appletv xbmc finally finished scanning my 200+ movies and did pretty good but it got a few titles wrong. I see several movies in my library that I know I fo not have. How can I find out the file path for these movies so I can correct them? I went to the movie info screen and it doesn't show the file
Path.
what protocol are you using to share the files over your network?
Not sure. Smb I think? How can I tell for sure?
You should be able to scroll the cursor to the bottom line in the movie info screen too see the path scroll.
Ahh got it thanks!! Next question is can I manually edit all the other details (covers, fanart...). Or point that title to the correct entry in themoviedb or imdb?
How are your files labeled? I use the imdb scraper, and for movies such as Footloose (one of my wife's...) which will scrape as the newest version, I had to change the file name to Footloose_(1976).mkv or what ever year the movie came out. It then should scrape the files correctly. Here's how i'd do it exactly:

-note files showing up wrong on paper.

-remove from XBMC library, then exit XBMC.

-check imdb for exact title and year of movie, add to list of wrong movies

-edit filename to fix issues (I use underscores for spaces, all caps, alphanumeric, except for parenthesis around year).

-go back into xbmc, update library, make sure files scraped properly this time.

-go to video settings, clean library.

-after cleaning library, export library to individual files, export actor thumbs, etc., say no to overwrite option.

-enjoy your minty fresh library.
OniFactor Wrote:How are your files labeled? I use the imdb scraper, and for movies such as Footloose (one of my wife's...) which will scrape as the newest version, I had to change the file name to Footloose_(1976).mkv or what ever year the movie came out. It then should scrape the files correctly. Here's how i'd do it exactly:

-edit filename to fix issues (I use underscores for spaces, all caps, alphanumeric, except for parenthesis around year).

-after cleaning library, export library to individual files, export actor thumbs, etc., say no to overwrite option.

hey thanks for the great info - i will give that a shot. one question though... what does clean library do? and and how to i do the export piece?
If you don't want to go through manually updating the filenames:

Select the movie thats had the wrong info pulled > Show Information (try holding select) > Refresh

This presents a choice of possible movies with similar names to the filename, just pick the one that matches and the correct artwork etc. will be pulled through automatically.

You can also change the fan art, cover etc. to a choice of others through that "Show Information" screen
bdee1 Wrote:hey thanks for the great info - i will give that a shot. one question though... what does clean library do? and and how to i do the export piece?

cleaning the library removes any files that are "broken." so it removes any files you may have renamed but did not previously remove from the library. to export files, you go into settings, video, and there, in the first menu will be the option to clean, export, and import your library. select the export option. it comes up, asking if you'd like multiple files or a single file. i prefer multiple, it exports 1 file per movie file.
I have just discovered that some of my Movies are not showing the right artwork or Film Titles, even after I have gone through and made sure that I have changed the title of the film to the right format.

my layout is the same as ours that I have a folder with the same name as the film title, and within this I have just the film, "I would like to get the NFO file to be stored here to help in resolving the naming issue but." I have a moved the Library onto my NAS server within MySQL but using the Advanacesettings.xls

My question is, what the best way to resolve this issue ?,

I would like to also confirm the right format. I have looked at IMDB for an example, and I am guesting that the title plus the year it was made is the best formatted.

Example Big Hero 6 2014 and not Big Hero 6
(2011-11-27, 22:18)OniFactor Wrote: How are your files labeled? I use the imdb scraper, and for movies such as Footloose (one of my wife's...) which will scrape as the newest version, I had to change the file name to Footloose_(1976).mkv or what ever year the movie came out. It then should scrape the files correctly. Here's how i'd do it exactly:

Do NOT use IMDB, but https://www.themoviedb.org. Both databases have small differences (e.g. in the release-data of some movies -> different years!).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing titles that the scraper got wrong0