Noob AppleTV2 Questions/Help
Got an Apple TV 2 yesterday, and was able to jailbreak (left at 4.3 iOS) and got XBMC loaded with nightly builds, etc., and got icefilms/nitotv/navi-x/etc installed and working as well. (Some HD movies play kinda choppy on ice films and says cache is full from time to time. I have 10mb internet, so must be a megaupload problem?) I have tried installing Pseudo TV and TV Time, and having issues there. Trying to uninstall TV Time (or any other program for that matter), but cannot figure it out. I looked all through the TV Time forum, and could not find anything there. I figured out how to uninstall video add-ons tho. Anyway, just wondering am I on the best build (4.3), or would a 4.4.x build be better. I thought I read something about the newest iOS and a lot of plug-ins were not working properly. Any help or insights would be cool.
Thanks!!
iOS wise, XBMC cares very little about what version you are on. I think the earliest versions of iOS for ATV2 might have had some audio stuff that was fixed, but even that I'm not sure affected XBMC. Your version should be just fine, as I'm on an earlier version of iOS on my ATV2 and everything runs great.

Some of your HD movies via add-ons might be using divx. Most of IceFilm's files, for example, use divx for both SD and HD. SD divx will playback fine, but HD divx won't because the ATV2 hardware video decoder isn't used for divx. Some are in h.264, which will then play fine because the ATV2's hardware decoder does play those back, all the way up to 1080 and using bluray quality files (you can actually playback decrypted bluray content on the ATV2's hardware decoder!). Since divx is the older codec, going forward this should be less of an issue as more people/videos update to the more standard h.264 codec.

The version of XBMC you are using is a developer build that will soon (cross fingers, before year's end) lead to XBMC v11 for all platforms (iOS, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, etc). Add-on developers should be updating their add-ons now, so some of those add-ons that were giving you issues should be fixed sometime soon.

Be sure to also check out our excellent iOS FAQ on the wiki (some pages are outdated on the wiki, but the iOS ones are all recent): http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob AppleTV2 Questions/Help0