• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support
ronie Wrote:T! currently uses disc.png, so imo it would be best to stick with that

Least amount of work for you Wink
In the AD skin dev thread i asked other skinners for ideas to get the best filename usage. I was maybe thinking on using cdart.png but since you have the only skin that uses it (i think) disc.png is no problem for me.

The skin 'Glass' now uses <moviename>.png however in my opnion that is a no go. Maybe '<moviename>-disc.png' would be better then.
There also will be the option for multidiscs downloading (if needed) so how to handle that.

Your thoughts?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
logo and cleararts are for tvshows, so they will always be in a subfolder ...

Film's trouble must be studied another way, lots of ppl have all their films in 1 folder.
ppic Wrote:logo and cleararts are for tvshows, so they will always be in a subfolder ...

Film's trouble must be studied another way, lots of ppl have all their films in 1 folder.

Not true anymore. There will also be logos and clearart for movies
I agree that we must find a way to properly handle movies but it must be something that all must agree on and it must be possible to with current available coding.

EDIT:
'Mymovie.png' won't work either when you have characters in your movie title that are not allowed in filenames. like : / \ and maybe special characters for certain languages.
the simpliest way would be to have the id in propety, so we could name it with the id.
but since it doesn't exist, skinner can't use it.

i wasn't aware for film logo, it has been discussed number of time, but always lead to useless end.
Well extrafanart and extrathumbs also assume to have movies in separate subfolders. I don't know why we should stray away from that unless we can have all artwork in separate folder away from the media itself.
Big_Noid Wrote:Well extrafanart and extrathumbs also assume to have movies in separate subfolders. I don't know why we should stray away from that unless we can have all artwork in separate folder away from the media itself.

I agree with BigNoid.
Until there is a proper way of keeping fanart seperate this is indeed the best way.
I made a trac ticket so this will maybe be posible some day.

Artwork Downloader will follow the method the mayority of skinners use.
Martijn Wrote:Least amount of work for you Wink
In the AD skin dev thread i asked other skinners for ideas to get the best filename usage. I was maybe thinking on using cdart.png but since you have the only skin that uses it (i think) disc.png is no problem for me.

The skin 'Glass' now uses <moviename>.png however in my opnion that is a no go. Maybe '<moviename>-disc.png' would be better then.
There also will be the option for multidiscs downloading (if needed) so how to handle that.

Your thoughts?
T! has been using disc.png for a very long time, so why change it? :-)

it would break compatibility for everyone who's been using this feature from the start.

no clue why Glass is using a different name, imo the last thing we want is skins picking their own random naming scheme.

as for multiimage discs, use disc.png for the first and disc2.png for the second?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The reason they gave for using <moviename>.png was so users with all movies in one folder could still use it.
However i am having trouble to believe that would actually work because of the illegal filename characters ( <>:"/\|?* ) in movie titles. So ListItem.Title can't be used.

disc.png and disc2.png could definitely work for me if that is possible for skinners to use.

logo.png for movies to?
I would say movielogo.png, this way everyone knows what we're talking about.
i've merged the other thread with this one so we can keep discussions on the naming scheme centralized :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
butchabay Wrote:I would say movielogo.png, this way everyone knows what we're talking about.

With logo.png you only have to remove !visible for movies and think it is clear what is meant.

@ronie
Yeah sorry. Got a bit of topic.

Will keep disc.png & disc2.png until there is a better way available of handling artwork.
Martijn Wrote:With logo.png you only have to remove !visible for movies and think it is clear what is meant.

@ronie
Yeah sorry. Got a bit of topic.

Will keep disc.png & disc2.png until there is a better way available of handling artwork.

You're absolutely right, didn't think about that Smile

go for logo.png
Quote:Will keep disc.png & disc2.png until there is a better way available of handling artwork.
I'm happy with this.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

ok , no problem for me, I can use disc.png and disc2.png with subfolder ans Moviename.png too for user with folder
fmronan Wrote:ok , no problem for me, I can use disc.png and disc2.png with subfolder ans Moviename.png too for user with folder

Maybe someday there will be an easy solution for users with just one folder.

Just a suggestion. Maybe it is wise for you to use:
Quote:Moviename-disc.png

That way you can expand it to:
Quote:Moviename-logo.png
or something like that.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support3