Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?
I need a replacement for my xtreamer (first version), and had a look at Zotac Zbox. But there are so many different models to choose from??

Which model works with XBMC only (no windows) and play kmv. 1080P without any lags. + bitstream DTS-Master HD to onkyo tx-nr807 receiver

I keep all files at nas server, and do not need at big hard drive.

This link shows a full working Zotac Zbox HD-ND02 but other sites don't agree Huh

http://miketrellosblog.arcadecab.com/201...a-library/

Anyone in here with succes?
bitstream DTS-Master HD?
only ZOTAC models that can do that are the ones using the FUSION E350 platform!

ZOTAC ZBOX - AD02-U
ZOTAC ZBOX - AD02-PLUS
ZOTAC ZBOX - Nano AD10
ZOTAC ZBOX - Nano AD10 PLUS
ZOTAC ZBOX - AD03BR-PLUS

and you have to use WIndows to use such a feature!
forget about Linux for now....
Searching for a really small-sized, cheap and quiet HTPC that is capable of bitstream DTS-Master HD, I also stumbled upon the Zotac ZBOX AD02. Does anyone know if I would be able to wake it up with an IR-Receiver using my Harmony Remote?

Are 4 Gigs of RAM and a 16GB SSD sufficient for Win7 or should I go for 32GB?
i cant answer your question as i dont have that ZOTAC,,,

but, for windows, get --> 4GB RAM + 32GB!

16GB isnt enough!!! BEWARE!!!
Lets say I give up on DTS-HD and just wan't a strong model booting up XBMC and play mkv. 1080p files with no problems. Which model is best then?

Second; Can I skip a remote control and just use mobile android app for XBMC?
I have the new zotac amd. Love it.
strongest ZOTAC model --> ZBOX ND22
i have 3 of the zotac zboxess... 2 -hd-id40-plus 1 ad02 .. all three play great..i also have 3 boxee boxes , 4 appletv2 and 3 google tv . and i no longer count the number of wd live boxes or roku box i have.. the boxes that i seem to get the most use out of is the zboxes..i will admit the E-350 zboxes is a little faster...
ZBOX ND22 uses CELERON CPU so, its stronger then E350
eskro Wrote:strongest ZOTAC model --> ZBOX ND22
eskro Wrote:ZBOX ND22 uses CELERON CPU so, its stronger then E350
Just got mine after seeing some good advice like this here last week so thought I would share my experience with the OP.

The ND22 is fantastic, I bought one 4GB RAM module in case I would need to upgrade to 8GB, and a Sandisk 8GB SDHC card to install OpenELEC on, these were pretty cheap so I was a little unsure.

It was very easy to set up and the performance is excellent, couldn't be happier..

For anyone living in Europe here's the links to the items I bought:

Zotac Z-Box HD-ND22 - €175

Sandisk 8GB Extreme HD Video SD Card (SDHC) 30MB/s - Class 10 - £14.38 (20% off offer)

Corsair 4GB PC3-10600 204-pin SODIMM - £17.99

Total: ~€212 (before delivery)

Could probably get all this a little cheaper in the US. Any other questions feel free to ask.
glad u like your ND22 DuMbGuM!!
its the only preMade box that i'd buy if i had too!!
Thanks eskro keep up the good work, great advice in this forum. Nod
trying to do my best Tongue
i got a zboxID41 plus,w7 and xbmc installed,i got no complains about playing hd so far,only thing i cant get my finger on is the internetspeed its half the bandwide of what i get on my laptop,networkspeed is ok using a wireles dualchannel usb adapter,any other zbox owners got any idea?
DuMbGuM Wrote:Just got mine after seeing some good advice like this here last week so thought I would share my experience with the OP.

The ND22 is fantastic, I bought one 4GB RAM module in case I would need to upgrade to 8GB, and a Sandisk 8GB SDHC card to install OpenELEC on, these were pretty cheap so I was a little unsure.

It was very easy to set up and the performance is excellent, couldn't be happier..

For anyone living in Europe here's the links to the items I bought:

Zotac Z-Box HD-ND22 - €175

Sandisk 8GB Extreme HD Video SD Card (SDHC) 30MB/s - Class 10 - £14.38 (20% off offer)

Corsair 4GB PC3-10600 204-pin SODIMM - £17.99

Total: ~€212 (before delivery)

Could probably get all this a little cheaper in the US. Any other questions feel free to ask.

I'm actually shopping around for a ZBOX and this build is what I think I want but I am a bit of a noob so bear with me. I want to build one as an XBMC media player, my video files are on a NAS. Does the SD card hold both the OS and XBMC app? I don't intend to stream video from the card at all, so will a smaller cheaper (but still fast) SD card do? Please advise and thanks in advance.

I guess after that, all I need is a remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?1