MKV Buffering Issue
Hello,

I am having constant buffering issues with my xbmc on apple tv 2. Having done a lot of research and testing different modes, I have come to the conclusion that it is the audio output which is to blame.

I get constant buffering on 'Analog' mode (but at least I have sound).
When I change to 'HDMI' or 'Optical (Coax)' I have no buffering at all! But no sound??

Can anyone help me get HDMI or Optical working so I can have both sound and no buffering issues??

I would be most greatful!.

My set-up is:
Apple TV 2 4.4.2 (3160) Jailbroken with Season Pass
Samsung TV with Harman/Kardon Speakers
Alaska Skin on xbmc
Apple TV 2 wired with ethernet cable to router
Media streaming from a 2TB external HD connected to my iMac (Snow Leopard)
try using your hdmi to your samsung tv and use you tv's interal speakers with optical/coax settings on the atv2 and see if you get sound that way
There's a few other tweaks in the FAQ related to buffering that might help... in case you haven't tried them all:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...#Buffering
Thanks for the help. But unfortunately I'm still not any further along.

I tried optical out through my tv speakers and it worked! But then I tried it on another film and got no sound....so I tried the first movie again, and no sound!

Is there not a way to play it through HDMI?

My apple tv 2 is connected via hdmi to my samsung tv. Should that not do it?

HELP!
Make sure the passthrough options are disabled (the AC3 and DTS ones).
Ned Scott Wrote:Make sure the passthrough options are disabled (the AC3 and DTS ones).

Sorry i'm a bit new to this. How do I do this?
Thanks
Settings -> System -> Audio
Ned Scott Wrote:Settings -> System -> Audio

Thanks for the tip, tried that. It seems to improved it a little. But I still suffer from buffering quite frequently.

This sucks, I just want to watch a 720p (Not even 1080p!) movie without buffering.

Anyone got any other tips?
In the Apple TV -> Settings -> Audio & Video try with the Audio Output setting set to 16 bit if it isn't set to that already.
gbandit Wrote:In the Apple TV -> Settings -> Audio & Video try with the Audio Output setting set to 16 bit if it isn't set to that already.

I hate to tempt fate....but so far so good. Tried DTS, dolby, acr, aac and they all seem fine!

Thanks for those tips, big help!
You know all this is in the FAQ?

For homework tonight everyone must read the FAQ. It is not even that big.
g-off Wrote:You know all this is in the FAQ?

For homework tonight everyone must read the FAQ. It is not even that big.

I even gave him the link to the "Buffering" question...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...#Buffering
Way back in the beginning. That is why I was being snarky (my excuse anyway)

Why is it so hard to read?
Because we answer to much questions ... thats the problem ... we are to nice Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
g-off Wrote:Way back in the beginning. That is why I was being snarky (my excuse anyway)

Why is it so hard to read?

Ah. Well it's prolly easier to read it one question at a time... just search for a keyword and read the appropriate question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Buffering Issue0