so embarrassed, but....ATV2 install fails :(
Okay, I know davilla or one of the other devs is going to hunt me down and find me and slap me around for this... Laugh I even see the update in git for "fixed, add com.nito.updatebegone to depends for xbmc-atv to stop the atv2 update prompt from killing us and flooding the forums with new user posts."

I've been around a while, I see the git update mentioning this very thing...so you'd think I'd be able to figure it out when my ATV2 update conks out while installing the Nov 28 nightly due to a com.nito.updatebegone error, right?? I guess I fail the "new user" test, and now find myself compelled to flood the forum with a new user post of a sort lol

Code:
Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i xbmc-20111128-d9da869-master-atv2.deb(Reading database ... 3488 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-9 (using xbmc-20111128-d9da869-master-atv2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on com.nito.updatebegone; however:
  Package com.nito.updatebegone is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

I am so embarrassed that I couldn't fix this on my own! My only defence is that it's early in the morning here and I'm just a teeeeny bit hung over Wink

cheers for any assistance--
Dave
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Running apt-get install com.nito.updatebegone doesn't fix it?
Well, whaddaya know. So it does!! Smile See, this is one of those times when I wish I were more of a computer person than a books/words person Wink

Thanks muchly!
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
so embarrassed, but....ATV2 install fails :(0