XBMC lag on Atom 330 and Win7
My HTPC is based on dual core Atom 330 processor with 2GB RAM, Windows 7 and runs few days old nightly build. Everything works fine except that occasionally when browse thru the menus (i.e. going from VIDEOS menu item to the actual listing of videos) the screen hangs. I will see the background wallpaper but the listing does not appear. I thought that it just needs to read the listing from the hard drive but the hard drive icon does not flash. I wouldn't complain but the hang is sometimes in excess of 15 seconds which makes the XBMC experience a bit annoying.

Is it because I am using nightly build or it is my hardware? I just wanted to mention also that the Windows has all the unnecessary services turned off, no themes, basically just the basic stuff that's needed to run Windows. When I quit XBMC there is no lag with other applications/games.

Any ideas?
XBMC works fine on Atom 330 based PCs, and in fact even on the single core atom 230. I haven't seen the problem you mention, though admittedly I only occasionally test on my (Revo 3610) 330 based PC.

JR
I have a 3610 (Atom 330, etc) running minimal Ubuntu and XBMC. The delay you see likely has more to do with the skin you are using than anything else. Some skins are significantly more problematic on that hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC lag on Atom 330 and Win70