Add-on as default video source?
hi,

I have XBMC, Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on Nov 25 2011 (Git:20111124-da3fabb)

For movies and tv-series I'm ok to have library mode but for video I would like to have an add-on as default source. I'd prefer not to navigate to add-ons and then pick the one I need as I always need this one.

On my xbox1 I could have the plugin as a default source but that seems to be gone. I have the old plugin now converted to an add-on which talks to my PVR (SageTV) and retrieves recordings from there. As that is changing on a daily basis I don't see the point to have it in a real library.

Skin is Zstream but not sure if that makes a difference at all. Tips and tricks most welcome!

Jan
I don't know the specifics of that skin, but most have the ability to add an Add-On into the main menu. For example, the default Confluence skin allows me to add up 5 Home Page Video Submenus.
DLeavy Wrote:I don't know the specifics of that skin, but most have the ability to add an Add-On into the main menu. For example, the default Confluence skin allows me to add up 5 Home Page Video Submenus.

Hadn't discovered that one yet although I wondered what the option did - in Confluence it works and would be close enough to default source. In Zstream it seems like it is not implemented (yet) which is probably why it was difficult to figure out what it does.

Thanks for the hint - so it looks like I need to see what skin I can live with. Zstream (modified MediaStream is nice though)...

Jan
Find the skin's subforum in the skin support forum and they'll probably tell you what you need to modify in the skin files to make a custom button.
hi,

I -almost- ended up going the custom button route - I modified the label and onclick action for the "run programs" menu option and it works great. At first I wanted to change the DVD option as the atv2 doesn't have a DVD drive but apparently xbmc is too smart so it doesn't show that menu option for devices that don't need it...

Thanks for helping me out!

Jan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on as default video source?0