a way to track deleted files in xbmc?
Hya all

i would really like to use XBMC as my all in one media library and would like to keep track of my deleted movies/TV shows under the XBMC library.

Has anyone done such a thing and has experience with it? is it possible?

i though of using the 'offline' dummy nfo's to achive somethig similar but would love to hear any ideas from the community

best

Zeltak
bump? Smile

am i really the only one that keeps track of watched and deleted stuff? Smile

zeltak
double bump Smile

am i really the only person who would like to use xbmc as a meida orginizer and manage my offline/deleted media?

zeltak
Star 
I wouldn't say you're too organized... but for the most part, we collect and use XBMC to maintain the collection, and just keep buying terabytes instead of deleting. In about 5 years most of the old movies we have; will seem new again, and the re-runs will almost be as good. Deleting would seem almost an inconceivable a heretical action. Perhaps the increased price of hard drives will change this mindset, but for me not likely.

I guess you could use an offline storage system like a place holder file or stub file... you could just delete the video and place the smallest video in it's place (that way everything is seen as usual, with no mods) or use XBMC to put up a request to insert the DVD. Some of the 3rd party media managers handle this well, creating stub files with background art and a custom message.

Question: What do you do with the deleted movie.. or is it gone forever?
thx for the reply Patk

Yes the delete moveis are gone forever.

stubs is what i though of using but they dont work for TV shows (am i worng?) and are not ideal.

thx again

Zeltak
Star 
Stub files do work for episodes too... after all they're just very very short video files... I use a colour bar video for most and as long as you use the same file type extension and name, you can slip them in as a replacement of the full sized video.

I suggest you re-evaluate this approach... If you don't have the movie or video why do you need this elaborate method of remembering them. Just keep IMDB link handy... or do what most of us do and just keep piling on the drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a way to track deleted files in xbmc?0