ATV2 Lock Settings/Timeout
Hi everyone,

I've run into an issue that I've noticed a few people have run into before, but it seems that a solution hasn't really been reached.

My system and situation is as follows:
ATV2 wired via DIR-655 to Server 2008R2. SMB shares have been up and running solidly for a couple of months. No system changes have been made to either the ATV2, or the Server 2008R2. I was watching a movie, and upon finishing, went to browse for another video, and was presented with a timeout error, then an endless string of Lock Settings prompts that won't accept my credentials. I've rebooted both the server, and did a power cycle on the ATV2 to no avail.

I have the same nightly running on Win 7 x32, and a Server 2008 R2. All 3 installs use the same credentials. Neither one of the 2 other instances have the issue as described above. Hence the SMB shares are still active, and the credentials still valid.

My error log linked below shows a series of "Permission denied" errors. I'm unsure how this can be, as my 2 other instances function without error using the same credentials.

My error log is located here: http://pastebin.com/XtM30nev

If anyone has any idea how I can rectify this short of re-installing that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much,
Cal.
Shutdown all other PCs beside the one who serves the files. Then restart that one and restart atv2 and retry ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

I just tried as you suggested to no avail. (I did however have to boot my domain controller as well for authentication.)

Since I'm running a centralized library on mysql with shared artwork between instances, is there an xml file or series of files I can delete, or clean on my ATV2 to restore it to a post install state? In this fashion, all I'd have to do is push out my advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml, and passwords.xml to be up an running again?

Thanks so much,
Cal.
Bump...anyone?

I see I'm not alone on this. The forum contains a significant number of people experiencing the same issue without resolve.

Not being super familiar with the project, is this currently identified as a bug, and entered into a bug tracker as such?

I truly appreciate the fantastic work that the community has done to create such a robust and brilliant system. Ironing out this issue that seems to not get the attention it deservers, would put xmbc in another class entirely.

Thanks everyone,
Cal.
try using the ip of the samba server and not the hostname ... might be an issue with netbios resolution ... and you are running a domain controller in your network? Hell that will be a messy samba master/slave election in your lan Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

I've tried using the IP as well to no avail. I've been running a SMB and a DC side by side for years without issue. This is the first time I've had any SMB issue that I wasn't able to resolve.

Any other thoughts/idea/suggestions as to how to resolve this? I've read every single post I could find on the subject, but have come out empty handed.

Thanks again,
Cal.
@calb,

as a test, do you get the same issue without using your advancedsettings.xml ?

the mysql stuff and substitution might be messing things up ??
Hi Jester,

I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Though I fail to understand how my system running with the same advancedsettings.xml which has been working flawlessly for quite some time, would now suddenly be the source of my issues. None the less, I will give it a go.

Thanks,
Cal.
P.S.
what entries do you get on the windows side of things (debug log) I know it stupid to mention but its not something like a wrong/changed password on this account..
Hi Jester,

I've check the windows logs, but it's clean. As I mentioned above, I use the same credentials on 3 other xbmc instances successfully. 2 instances running on windows 7, and one on server 2008 R2. It's only the ATV2 instance that causes me grief. All 4 instances are running the same nightly.

Thanks,
Cal.
calb Wrote:Hi Jester,

I've check the windows logs, but it's clean. As I mentioned above, I use the same credentials on 3 other xbmc instances successfully. 2 instances running on windows 7, and one on server 2008 R2. It's only the ATV2 instance that causes me grief. All 4 instances are running the same nightly.

Thanks,
Cal.

Understood, it's just strange, also your logs are from an older nightly (month old), have you tried a fresher one ? just to rule that out....
Hi Jester,

I did install the Dec 1st nightly last night on a friends ATV2, but ran into a different issue.

While installing the nightly I received a "serious error" message detailing that the "files list for package seatbeltunlock is missing"

Any idea how to resolve that? Perhaps I should start a different thread for that topic.

Thanks,
Cal

I did install the Dec 1st nightly last night on a friends ATV2, but ran into a different issue.

While installing the nightly I received a "serious error" message detailing that the "files list for package seatbeltunlock is missing"

Any idea how to resolve that? Perhaps I should start a different thread for that topic.

Thanks,
Cal

Edit:

that sounds like a bad JB, try re-JB with seasonpass using 4.3 untethered
Hi Jester,

I read that thread as well, and tried that, but still received the same error upon installing the nightly.

I appreciate your help with all of this. Any other thoughts on this secondary issue?

Thanks,
Cal.

I read that thread as well, and tried that, but still received the same error upon installing the nightly.

I appreciate your help with all of this. Any other thoughts on this secondary issue?

Thanks,
Cal.

that sounds like a bad JB, try re-JB with seasonpass using 4.3 untethered

or else:
forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=766977&postcount=22

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Lock Settings/Timeout0