Help with web browser.
I did comment on the browser issue. I'm running chrome with -kisok mode. It works just fine in Linux. Full web browser. Just need to add a mouse and keyboard.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:I did comment on the browser issue. I'm running chrome with -kisok mode. It works just fine in Linux. Full web browser. Just need to add a mouse and keyboard.

Well... if what you are saying is you have a web browser running internally on XBMC, that's news to me! You would be the first I heard of doing this.

I was commenting on the original post... not a subequent post off topic of the original post. I meant comment on a web browser built into XBMC internally... I already figured you could get a browser working on an HTPC.... that's a given my friend! Big Grin

iRoNBiLL
iR0NBiLL Wrote:Well that's why your here darkscout... to correct common mistakes told by us users. You're right on this as I forgot about it's C++ based.

Either way, if you can address the browser issue, then please interject. Don't just tell me I'm wrong... give us some incite on your understanding of putting a browser in XBMC please... I'd like to shine some light on the issue is all.

iRoNBiLL
Here is 2 small videos tutorial explaining how use Internet Explorer (and configure it into kiosk mode) with XBMC using Advanced Launcher add-on. You will also found Advanced Launcher configuration explanation to also use XBMC with Chrome or Opera and configure Advanced Launcher into files mode (using .lnk shortcut files).
darkscout Wrote:Lies. I have chrome working awesome with advanced launcher. Just use kiosk mode.

The only problem is streaming websites that need SilverLight. Other than that the web works just fine.

Well would you kindly tell me how you went about this? I would be grateful! Smile I would get right on it and confirm it working so others that have the same desire can see it works! Smile
I think maybe people have not read the original post... we seem to be getting off the point...

Tommymws Wrote:...If the idea here is that I have to place a bloated operating system on my pc for the sole reason of having a web browser... I think I have just explained why a browser in xbmc would be nice.

The original point made and being discussed is users would like XBMC to have it's own internal web browser built in, not having a launcher to launch an external application requiring OS dependency.

Now... if that's what you want to discuss, interject. Otherwise, it's not exactly the point in hand made by the original poster on this thread.

Your help is still appreciated fellas, but I think we are looking at two different things here.

iRoNBiLL

P.S. Tommymws... can you live with using advanced launcher instead of relying on XBMC having an internal browser??
Angelscry Wrote:Here is 2 small videos tutorial explaining how use Internet Explorer (and configure it into kiosk mode) with XBMC using Advanced Launcher add-on. You will also found Advanced Launcher configuration explanation to also use XBMC with Chrome or Opera and configure Advanced Launcher into files mode (using .lnk shortcut files).

Awesome! Nothing beats Youtube videos!
I am assuming I would still need Windows on my HTPC and I would not be able to run this without it. I was hoping to use openelc (as I am getting a Zotac and will have a pc dedicated to XBMC like it deserves). There is probably no way to install a stand alone browser on openelec and direct this launcher to it?

But am I correct in thinking I could put a light linux OS on the HTPC like puppy linux? And use the browser from that?
tommymsw Wrote:Awesome! Nothing beats Youtube videos!
I am assuming I would still need Windows on my HTPC and I would not be able to run this without it. I was hoping to use openelc (as I am getting a Zotac and will have a pc dedicated to XBMC like it deserves). There is probably no way to install a stand alone browser on openelec and direct this launcher to it?

But am I correct in thinking I could put a light linux OS on the HTPC like puppy linux? And use the browser from that?

Si senior! Big Grin

If you don't insist on a browser in XBMC, I would think Linux would be less of a resource hog than Windows.

iRoNBiLL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with web browser.0