AFP videos no longer playback
Hi all,

Was hoping someone could help me with an issue I'm having. I've been using afp to play files off my time capsule onto my atv2 without problem for a couple months. Last week playback stopped working. When I click on files I could previously watch the "working" with spinning circle graphic comes up and then disappears quickly. The files in question are mostly avi files (specific info on one below). I updated to the latest nightly (see below) this evening to see if that might fix the problem to no avail. All the files in the relevant time capsule folder show up in the file list on xbmc, including new ones I add now, but I am unable to play them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Apple TV 4.2.2 (2203)

Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on Nov 28 2011 (Git:20111128-d9da869)

Install method: followed directions for installing nightly build on (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2)

Video info (one example, although none play):
avi: 416MiB, 53mn 30s
MPEG-4 Visual (XviD)
MPEG Audio (MP3)
Video
998Kbps, 640*368 (16:9) 25 fps, (xvid) (advanced simple@L5) (BOPV2)
Audio
80Kbps, 32.0 Khz, 2 channels, MPEG AUDIO (MP3) (Version 1) (Layer 3) (Joint Stereo/MS stereo)

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/vJge8r40
Data/Shared/LL-home108.rar <- move that file away ... its broken and xbmc tries to extract it.

This should be fixed in some days - there is already a pull request which handles broken rar files - but its not in the nightlys yet ...

edit: ahh i saw it is in mainline now and the fix for this should appear in the nightly of the 29th ... so if you want you can wait for it and give feedback if this fixes the problem for you (if not - fix that rar file or move it away)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks memphiz -- removing the rar worked.
aircon Wrote:Thanks memphiz -- removing the rar worked.

as i said ... if you want to help you can try moving it back and using the last nightly build and report back if the issue is fixed ... if you don't want to - nevermind of course...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
id love to help out. I'm at (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/) and I don't see a Nov. 29 nightly available. I'll give it a shot when it gets uploaded.
aircon Wrote:id love to help out. I'm at (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/) and I don't see a Nov. 29 nightly available. I'll give it a shot when it gets uploaded.

Power failures at house davilla forced the ios buildslave offline. It's now online again and busy building.
davilla Wrote:Power failures at house davilla forced the ios buildslave offline. It's now online again and busy building.

Holy crap ... is it because of we have switched off our atomic power plants?
upgrade to the latest nightly, and tried to play videos again with the .rar file in the videos folder. Unfortunately, the video is not playing. The .rar file is one that requires a password, not one that is "broken." perhaps that is the problem?
aircon Wrote:upgrade to the latest nightly, and tried to play videos again with the .rar file in the videos folder. Unfortunately, the video is not playing. The .rar file is one that requires a password, not one that is "broken." perhaps that is the problem?

Well just let it be then ... thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFP videos no longer playback0