LogitechK400 Wireless Touch Keyboard
Hi,

I am still struggeling with how to remote control XBMC (windows)

Does anyone have any experience with the LogitechK400 Wireless Touch Keyboard?

Besides that I do already own a (older) Harmony remote and several xbox 1 remotes.

Rob
struggeling = exactly?
struggeling=not sure which way to go.

Options:
1) solder a USB cable to the xbox remote receiver
2) buy a Hp ir receiver and use the harmony remote
3) Get me a wireless keyboard with touchpad.

Rob
easy, i vote for #2!!

Hp ir receiver + harmony remote = no need for any other remote in your life!
I'd say #2

....and #3 if you also use the PC for anything else other than XBMC. HOWEVER, I strongly advise that you don't purchase a Logitech RF keyboard, the battery life is poor and the range is awful, about 2m line of sight at best.

The Keysonic ACK540RF is brilliant for just GBP£25 on Amazon.co.uk, seems very very expensive in the US though, USD$60 !? Batteries lasted 6 months and it still works from 5m away through a concrete wall!

I've also got a Harmony One remote and have just invested in a cheap Chinese MCE compatible IR sensor from eBay - will come back to advise if it works.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?
Please let me know how that clone IR receiver works.

My remote is a Logitech Harmony Remote 525, still works great.
I vote for 2 and 3
Key board is pretty nice and fast,
i have one and i like it
i prefered flirc than hp receiver
ihave both of them
flirc rocks!
I bought the LogitechK400 Wireless Touch Keyboard and it works GREAT!!
Battery live I don't know yet but I can always use recharchables, right?

Flirc is new to me... will I be able to use the old xbox-1 remote (DVD kit) with Flirc?
If so...I want one Smile
baldmosher Wrote:I'd say #2

....and #3 if you also use the PC for anything else other than XBMC. HOWEVER, I strongly advise that you don't purchase a Logitech RF keyboard, the battery life is poor and the range is awful, about 2m line of sight at best.

The Keysonic ACK540RF is brilliant for just GBP£25 on Amazon.co.uk, seems very very expensive in the US though, USD$60 !? Batteries lasted 6 months and it still works from 5m away through a concrete wall!

I'v got both (in different rooms) - got the Logitech and a Logi mouse for £24, paid £30 for the Keysonic.

Both are good, i wouldnt say either was better. I'v had the Keysonic longer so the left click on it has stopped responding as well as before. The range and battery life are fine on the Logi. The keyboard is a little small though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LogitechK400 Wireless Touch Keyboard0