Android Play video on Android Device screen possible?
Firstly, hats off to developers, I'm a new user of XBMC and loving it for video usage, especially when i can control everything from my android phone in the comfort of my bed.

As I understand it, this app is just a remote, and you can't view video on the android screen instead of the TV screen. Is this right? I can't find much info on this in forum/faq...

I also read a new Android XBMC app is underway where "XBMC can be launched as an application on your ... phone."
Will this app essentially be a separate program on the android device, where you can manage, view and play files on that device, or will it enable you to link up to XBMC on a computer and play files stored on there? (ie play video files on my phone screen which are stored on my computer)?

thanks Wink

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Yes and yes.

The Android remote control is an application that runs on your Android phone/tablet and is used to control XBMC running on your PC/Mac/ATV. Music and videos will play through your XBMC system, not on the Android device.

There is a project currently in development to port XBMC to the Android platform. When this becomes available, you will be able to run XBMC natively on your Android device. Music and videos will play through your Android device. Obviously, with its limited local storage, this media will have to be located elsewhere, such as a NAS, another PC, streaming from the Internet, etc.

So, you'll be able to use your Android device both as a remote control for your main XBMC system and as a portable XBMC system by itself.

A new subforum is now available for XBMC Android Support
Thanks for the quick reply and clarification. Looking forward to the new app Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play video on Android Device screen possible?0