Problem connecting to AFP share from XBMC (ATV2)
Hi,

I currently have XBMC on a ATV2 installed. I wanted to migrate my SMB shares to AFP, for speed improvement.

I tried using ZeroConf Browser and manually adding a network location for my shares, both didn't work.

This is a output of the XBMC logs :

Quote:12:48:15 T:804503552 ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Login error: Authentication failed
12:48:15 T:804503552 ERROR: AFP: Error connecting to afp://xbmcuser:[email protected]/Data/
12:48:15 T:104935424 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting afp://xbmcuser:[email protected]/Data/
12:48:15 T:104935424 ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(afp://xbmcuser:[email protected]/Data/) failed

I know i'm getting a Authentication failed, but if i take the exact same link (afp://xbmc .... ) from my MacBook it works perfectly.

My shares are on a QNAP NAS.

Any help is welcome!
Thanks
full log needed ... paste it to pastebin.com and add the link here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
There you go for the log :

http://pastebin.com/tmH8E9KT

Thanks!
Code:
125.12:40:11 T:136720384   ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Got a shutdown notice in packet 0, going down in 0 mins

No clue what kind of AFP server qnap uses (is it netatalk?!?) ... but it seems like it shuts it self down or something ...

Could you use with a guest account (which doesn't need username and password)?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi,

Yes, they use netatalk.

I tried using a guest account and it doesn't work.
ovcrash Wrote:Hi,

Yes, they use netatalk.

I tried using a guest account and it doesn't work.

then maybe their netatalk config is b0rked or its outdated ... no clue - i use netatalk without an issue on my nas (though i configured it by hand of course) ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem connecting to AFP share from XBMC (ATV2)0