how about a tag system?
my collection is growing and organizing it into playlists is getting more and more difficult. the simple thing that i can see that would greatly help is a metadata tag system.

it can go across all three media types, movies, music, and pictures, with pictures actually having 2 tag fields

they can be free form tags, virtually identical to the tag field on this very page im typing on now. you can make them be whatever you want and however many you want. you can then use those tags in the playlist generator to get a finer grain of control on the media your looking for.

for pictures, i would have 2 tag fields. one for the same freeform tag mentioned above, and a second one for people. that way you can tag a picture thanksgiving, and denote that tom, dick, and harry are in the picture.

what do you think?
Why would you need 2 tags for pictures? Why couldn't you have Thanksgiving and Tom in the same list of tags?
you could, but then to realize the full search power of it you would have to do meta tags like this

meta-thanksgiving, meta-pittsburgh, meta-2011, people-tom

in order to tell the search engine that tom is a person. ive used both styles and the one where people tags were broken out into their own field just seemed to flow a bit better and the resulting UI was a bit cleaner to me. but either way will work just as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how about a tag system?0