MAGRO PVR Problem
Hey All Again,

I thought I'd start a new thread as the old 1 wasn't really relevant anymore.

I installed magro XBMC & the 1.21 media portal with plug in & put it in the right folder & then tvserver config was able to find it!

If I go to cmd.exe & type telnet it doesn't tell me what server is running, but if I go into debug folder & run the client server it says it's already running(again I would give a screen shot of it but I can't upload anything).

Anyway in the tv configuration setup I can see all the channels & sort them, but then when I go to XBMC they are there but when I click on them they tell me;
TVserver not mapped to any ca... (writing runs out)

But in the set-up for it in XBMC I remember it saying;
none of the PVR support backends support SCAN?

In media portal itself when I go to TV & try enable it it says;
no free card?

I'm so sorry for all the lame questions & I have read & re-read the information for set-up a million times & can't get it to do or show me the way the instructions show?

Thanks gruntly69
Thanks for all the responses, a big help... Lol j.k.

I don't blame anyone as just a noob into this!

Anyways have it all working now I just had to delta a couple of useless things in the tv server config & the re-do a complete scan & move channels around again & it mapped them with the right cards!

But now 2 issues...

In media portal I have epg setup fine, but when I use xbmc & using the magro media portal plug in it can't find epg info data?

Also when in either media portal or xbmc the channels aren't smooth in transition just WATCHING, not doing anything else & hi def channels don't have audio & even other channels skip from mpg1 to mpg2 & sometimes another audio format, why would this be?

I can only think maybe system nit quick enough?
It's a silent atom d510 running win7 64bit 4gig ram, corsair series 3 64gig ssd & have also added a crystal hd decoder(latest version & drivers).

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers gruntly69
TV server is on the Atom as well as XBMC?

That doesn't work well. CPU pegs at 100% probably. I never tried I with a SSD but didn't have luck on my Atom 330. You might have luck running Linux/TVHeadend on that machine.

In my experience, the audio you get is based on whatever is broadcast. Previous builds had issues detecting the audio stream for me, but the latest Windows build from Margo sees to have corrected that. ePG is a little strange though, I think as you describe. I believe it's a known problem.

My OpenELEC PVR machine does have an EZG problem. I think it's the 9103 build. O I just deal with it. I think timeline view works.

I use the WebEPG plugin and mapped my channels to the IMDB grabber I created. I think theres a thread over at TMP where people post their IMDB grabbers, maybe there s one for your location.
Not sure what you mean tv server is on the atom as well as xbmc?

I was afraid I was going to have to learn LINUX, I've had a sample with mint11.

I was pretty sure with everything I put together in this machine would give it the best chance of coping, but maybe not?

I thought if I configure the hd decoder, video card, dual tuner capture card & everything else right it might be o.k.?

Thanks for your advise!

Cheers gruntly69
mediaportal is installed on the same machine you have XBMC on?

The Atom may be struggling to do both. You may be able to strip down Windows to help, but I'm not sure. I gave up, was planning on having a central server anyway, so that just accelerated it. I ad more luck with with Windows though, so I changed out my Linux machine for a Windows server. It's only running a lowly Athlon II X2 240e and does great serving TV to three clients. I haven't installed XBMC on the server to see if it works better, that would tell me, sort of, if it's the Atom.
Yeah having the media portal was the only way to do it I was told as XBMC doesn't support windows without it!

I decided to go another media player as i believed windows media centre was to resource hungry, but yeah I guess having XBMC & media portal would be just as bad!

I also had errors when trying to set-up win med centre with the dual tv tuner card, but may have to go back down this line if I don't go LINUX!

Thanks again for advice & ideas!

Cheers gruntly69

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MAGRO PVR Problem0