Help debugging AirTunes: People with iOS5.
I'm trying to figure out why the latest version of iTunes won't stream to XBMC anymore.

I suspect that it has something to do with changes to iOS5 and the latest iTunes. Unfortunately I don't own an AppleTV so this makes it sort of difficult. I'd like to get a screen capture of how iOS shows up to iTunes. (Do this without XBMC running).

MacUsers:
Download: Bonjour Browser
Fire it up and take pictures of these two areas.
ImageImage

Linux Users and paste the results.
Code:
avahi-browse -r _airplay._tcp
avahi-browse -r _raop._tcp

Mac & Windows Users:
If you could also take a screenshot (or describe) of how the AppleTV 2 shows up to iTunes:
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
And AppleTV2 should run ios 4.4.x (which is in fact ios5) or what? I could do that screenshot with ios 4.3 only (i won't update my atv2 to tethered jb for this).

So what has this to do with ios5 at all? Only iTunes was updated and now it can't stream to XBMC anymore?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was just hoping someone out there might have accidentally updated.

And yes, I can't get it to stream anymore.
Code:
darkscout Wrote:I was just hoping someone out there might have accidentally updated.

And yes, I can't get it to stream anymore.

Only when running XBMC on ios5? Or do you have a linux box or something to test? Just want to figure out if it is a iTunes only problem maybe? Or if really both (itunes and ios) are involved here ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Quote:I'd like to get a screen capture of how iOS shows up to iTunes. (Do this without XBMC running).

In iOS <5 and iTunes <10.5. iOS and iTunes speak to each other in English.
Someone figures this out and suddenly XBMC, shairport, et al start speaking to iOS & iTunes in English.

Apple goes. Woa woa woa. With the latest update to iOS5 and iTunes 10.5 they start speaking German to each other.

iTunes 10.5 is going "Wo ist die Musik?" and XBMC goes "What?".

To determine if this is happening, I want to see how iOS is talking/advertising itself.
Code:
Mhh no clue if this helps you ... but my atv2 (as i said on ios 4.3) appears as screen only once in itunes. And it has the following bonjour stuff...

and beside that ... XBMC running on the appletv2 shows up as a screen only too ...

Using itunes 10.5.1 ...

And if itunes starts speaking "german" ... und my appletv2 ios 4.3 still speaks english ... then i would have a setup which shouldn't work right? But it indeed does work ... both - native and in XBMC
Maybe my XBMC just hates me.
Code:
darkscout Wrote:Maybe my XBMC just hates me.

Or its something with ipv6 ... have you turned the ipv6 stack off on the mashine with itunes on it?
iTunes 10.5.1 also airplays video to XBMC just fine. However, airplay audio no longer works.

iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.0 works with both audio and video. Have not updated to 5.0.1

related?
Ned Scott Wrote:iTunes 10.5.1 also airplays video to XBMC just fine. However, airplay audio no longer works.

iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.0 works with both audio and video. Have not updated to 5.0.1

related?

I airplayed audio to my XBMC running on the atv2 yesterday using itunes 10.5.1 ... no issue ... whats going on there?!?
Memphiz Wrote:Or its something with ipv6 ... have you turned the ipv6 stack off on the mashine with itunes on it?

Is there a way to kill it in OS X now? Because I'm not seeing anything under the options. You can only set it to Automatic, Manual, & Local-Link only.
Code:
Ned Scott Wrote:iTunes 10.5.1 also airplays video to XBMC just fine. However, airplay audio no longer works.

related?

When you select the XBMC does it just unselect itself with no error?
Code:
darkscout Wrote:Is there a way to kill it in OS X now? Because I'm not seeing anything under the options. You can only set it to Automatic, Manual, & Local-Link only.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php...ostcount=7
darkscout Wrote:When you select the XBMC does it just unselect itself with no error?

This is the exact issue I have currently when trying to AirPlay music from iTunes to my ATV2. I have tested it with iTunes versions 10.4.1 and 10.5.1 and a few different nightlies for XBMC. Any ideas on where to start looking for the cause?
jd2157 Wrote:http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php...ostcount=7

Bob's your uncle.

Next question. How do we get it working. I really hate having to disable IPv6 since I have a tunnel and subnet and everything in my house has a real IPv6 address.

I have "ipv6 disable" in advanced settings. But I think that was taken out a while ago.
Code:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help debugging AirTunes: People with iOS5.0