Xbmc and SQL problem
Hi there. I followed a tutorial and I installed SQL on my nas and edited advancedsettings.xml on my main pc. Then I've added a source for movies on my main workstation, and xbmc correctly populated the db.

Now the question: what should I do on other "clients"? Should I add a source as usual, or everything should magically work if the advancedsettings.XML is properly edited?

I thought that by doing what I did I would have started xbmc from different clients and everything would have worked automatically.
Thanks guys Smile

Melagodo
You should be able to just do a standard install of XBMC on the other PCs then copy the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml from your main PC to all the other PCs.

JR
Thanks for the reply! I forgot to copy sources.xml Wink

Another question: I have movies stored on my NAS, each in its own directory.
In every dir are stored .nfo, posters and fanarts.

It's not clear to my what happen if I modify, f.ex, the .nfo file, since the same records are stored in the db.
Let's say I want to change the genre of one movie: should I modify the .nfo or the db to have the same changes on all clients?

Thanks so much,

melagodo
I must admit I don't use the library that much, but I think you modify the nfo, open the info for that film and there's an option to refresh. That should reread the nfo.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc and SQL problem0