Help needed setting up sources
I have 3 sources added to xbmc Movies, Tv and Tv (Ended)

I would like for only Tv to be scanned at startup (Movies and Tv (Ended) will be manually updated when I know there is new media on them)

These are my settings for each share:

Movies
Quote:smb://MYSTERYMACHINE/Movies/
Directory contains: Movies
Run automated scan unchecked
Use folder name for lookups unchecked
Scan recursively checked
Exclude path from library updates checked

Tv
Quote:smb://MYSTERYMACHINE/Tv/Tv/
Directory contains: Tv Shows
Run automated scan checked
Selected path contains a single show unchecked
Exclude path from library updates unchecked

Tv (Ended)
Quote:smb://MYSTERYMACHINE/Tv (Ended)/Tv (Ended)/
Directory contains: Tv Shows
Selected path contains a single show unchecked

This seems to do what I want with only one share being scanned at startup however there is an annoying issue which I can't figure out.

Every new episode that get added by the scanner is not being placed in the appropriate Tv shows folder but instead a new series called AL TV is being created and all new episodes are being dumped in there.

I have to remove the show from the library then manually press c and select scan for updates on each Tv show that has a new episode before xbmc adds them to the correct show.

I can't seem to see anything obvious in the share settings that I may have messed up which would account for this. I also haven't gotten a debug log (yet) as I thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions based on my share settings.

I'm running the Dec 1st build of the nightly Eden branch on Windows 7.
Ok, this is getting weirder now.

Have generated a debug log file and had a quick glance through it.

I now have three questions.

1. XBMC still seems to be scanning my movies source (although not adding any new movies) on startup. Is there any way of disabling this?
  2. There must be hundreds of this error message in the log DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive What is this and how can I fix it?
  3. XBMC scanned and added about 30 episodes to this mysterious AL TV show. Among the episodes added were:
    • s01e04 of Life's to short
    • All of season 2 of True Blood
    • s07e04 of Bones
    However according to what I can see in the log XBMC is saying it's adding them to the correct shows. Any ideas?

And here is the debug log in case anyone wants a look. http://db.tt/64GVsV5N

Forgot to mention, I pre-scrape everything before xbmc gets a hold of it (with sickbeard and media companion) in case that makes any difference?
Star 
I would edit the source, (TV ended) and in settings select none (instead of TV) and XBMC will no longer scan it, after you've made changes select 'TV' and it will see them and give you an option to re-scrape (if you've exported to individual files, the data will quickly be picked up). Clean-up will clean out these listings if the folder is set to none.
I'm sorry (might be because I have the cold or something) but I'm not 100% clear on what your suggesting.

Are you suggesting that I edit the source every time I start xbmc?

I've found out about my second question (the pvrmanager one) it's apparently to do with the skin I'm using (Aeon MQ3) but I still have no idea why my movies source is being scanned at startup and why all episodes scanned in are being added to the wrong show.
As a test set-up two sources that have not been "pre-scaped" just have the folders with TV show name and episodes in them (no nfos etc.) one path excluded the other not. Debugging turned on as well. Does it behave the same on a portable Dharma 10.1 install as well?
Movies

Quote:
smb://MYSTERYMACHINE/Movies/
Directory contains: Movies
Use folder name for lookups unchecked
Scan recursively checked

Personally, I find if I have anything checked along with Exclude, my sources get rescanned.

So if I check exclude, I uncheck everything else( since who cares if I use folder names or scan recursively since it won’t be doing anything) but I found that it didn’t scan it when only check exclude.

I have 4 sources New movies, Movies, Movies2, TV Shows

Movies, Movies2, the only thing I have checked is exclude. And they never get scanned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed setting up sources0