gt430 in mi-008 case? cool? quiet?
Just wondering if anyone out there has put an nvidia GT430 card in the Apex MI-008 case? If so, what were the rest of the specs (MB, CPU, PSU, HSF, etc)?

Going strictly by the pictures on newegg, it looks like there are two fanless cards that would work: ZOTAC ZT-40605-10L and ASUS ENGT430 DC SL/DI/1GD3. Not sure if the card card would get too hot in the cramped space with limited airflow.

There are also a couple non-passive (i.e. w/fan) gt430 cards that look like they might fit: EVGA 01G-P3-1431-KR and SPARKLE SXT4301024S3LHS (maybe others as well). Just not sure how bad the fan noise would be, particularly in a cramped case like the MI-008.

FWIW, here is my current HTPC. Functionally, it's perfect. Now I just want it to be physically smaller. Smile

Thanks!
I did-

ASRock E350M1/USB3

EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430

I'll replace GT430 with HD6450. GT430 has macroblocking during ff/rw. or I might replace the entire E350M1 with A8-3800!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:I did-

ASRock E350M1/USB3

EVGA 01G-P3-1430-LR GeForce GT 430

I'll replace GT430 with HD6450. GT430 has macroblocking during ff/rw. or I might replace the entire E350M1 with A8-3800!

How was the noise? Particularly with that EVGA GT430 - going strictly by the pics on newegg, it looks like a relatively small heatsink.

Also, is there any room at all between the case's side panel and the GT430? I was thinking, maybe I could use one of those passive video cards, and wedge a slim profile fan in there. Scythe makes several 12mm thick (compared to the typical 25mm) fans (of varying diameters).
bluray Wrote:GT430 has macroblocking during ff/rw
with windows xbmc version, no? maybe with linux the GT430 is solid like a rock. Regarding noise, I own an ASUS directCU GTS450 and is absolutely silent during xbmc operations.
first of all, the ZOTAC GT430 needs a PCI slot. beware.

then the ASUS GT430 FanLess 100% fits in APEX MI-008 case.
a user bought it for his MI-008 case.
it fits!!
joethefox Wrote:with windows xbmc version, no?
Yes, GT43+w7+XBMC= Macroblocking. Most the guys I know in here replaced it with HD6470 and HD6570.
matt_garman Wrote:How was the noise? Particularly with that EVGA GT430 - going strictly by the pics on newegg, it looks like a relatively small heatsink.

Also, is there any room at all between the case's side panel and the GT430? I was thinking, maybe I could use one of those passive video cards, and wedge a slim profile fan in there. Scythe makes several 12mm thick (compared to the typical 25mm) fans (of varying diameters).
The noise is low, and I cannot hear it at the seating areas. I installed this silent case fan- Silenx IXP7414 iXtrema Pro Fan - 120mm x 25mm, 14dBA, 72CFM.
eskro Wrote:first of all, the ZOTAC GT430 needs a PCI slot. beware.

Wow, good catch. I wouldn't even have noticed that! I just assumed no one paired modern video chipsets with the PCI interface.

eskro Wrote:then the ASUS GT430 FanLess 100% fits in APEX MI-008 case.
a user bought it for his MI-008 case.
it fits!!

Do you have any more details on the rest of the system? Was any stress testing done to check that temperatures (of the GPU or any other components) don't get out of control?
they guy was named joe something...
i think joeransen...
cant recall at %100...
but he even made a thread about his HTPC with pics!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108570&page=10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gt430 in mi-008 case? cool? quiet?0