Scraping HTTP-source. & in filenames not working.
The title basically says it all. When scraping movies from a HTTP/HTTPS source, filenames with & is not being recognized. Example: Cowboys & Aliens 2011.mkv.

I do not have any logs at the moment, but i'll see if i can post something very soon. It should be simple to replicate the bug.

It seems to be global, and not just related to the ATV2.

Anyone else able to test this?
I doubt there will be any way to fix this. "&" in urls of any kind get treated specially, and having & in a file name can cause all sorts of issues because the HTTP server tries to handle it differently. At least form my understanding of the issue. Your best bet is to just use "and" instead of "&".
Ned Scott Wrote:I doubt there will be any way to fix this. "&" in urls of any kind get treated specially, and having & in a file name can cause all sorts of issues because the HTTP server tries to handle it differently. At least form my understanding of the issue. Your best bet is to just use "and" instead of "&".

I'm currently using Apache 2, and when I browse to the URL directly, the movie and all thumbs/fanart works. And because of that I thought it might be something with XBMC. Files renamed for now Smile
It's a bug. I'll try to handle it later today.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
FYI, should be fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d660...0a2840b572.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:FYI, should be fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d660...0a2840b572.

Great! Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping HTTP-source. & in filenames not working.0