Moving Gothem from PC to Mac Help?
I have XBMC Gothem installed on a windows 7 laptop and its working perfect. I have purchased a Apple iMac and wish to transfer my XBMC to the iMac. I have tried with XBMC Backup and when I restore it does not transfer correctly. I have followed tutorials for XBMC backup and included Addons and Profiles.

I understand that XBMC folder is located on OSX Mavericks by right click on application and show package contents. Within there are the folders with Addons and User Data. There are also 2 folders named the same located under /Library/Application Support/XBMC

I have tried copying Userdata and Addons to both areas but not sure which location they should actually go in?

After several hours I did manage to get XBMC to display all my addons, skin and personisation but when I try and open any addons XBMC now crashes on OSX Mavericks.

If I do a fresh start and add the addons this works fine but I have invested too much time in this on the PC to have to do it all again.

Any help would be appreciated
Quote:I understand that XBMC folder is located on OSX Mavericks by right click on application and show package contents.

Never touch that one!

/User/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/XBMC <- that is the folder you want to put all your windows stuff into. Thouh it might not work because the guisettings.xml won't fit the needs of MAC. So at least the guisettings.xml should be deleted so that XBMC on the Mac can create a fresh one (though you need to redo your settings). It might be enough to delete the audio and video settings from that file but that is a bit advanced imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello thanks for the reply,

I have done a clean install of XBMC Gothem and deleted the Addon and user folder under /Library/Application Support/XBMC. Then copied my backup folders in and deleted the guisettings.xml. When I load XBMC its missing my custom names and all Addons. It brings an error saying cannot load addons. Is it possible to restore all these without starting again. I work in IT so advanced is fine with me :-)
debug log (wiki) of Gotham needed ... the principal is correct (in copying the XBMC folder over and delete the guisettings.xml) - so there must be something special about your addons which might be visible in the log file ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving Gothem from PC to Mac Help?0