XBMC shows no IP but OS shows IP
So I woke up this morning powered up the Mac Mini which loads directly to XBMC and booted that way several times yesterday.

I went to play some music from rhe NAS and got a message that the network was not connected

So since it boots directly to XBMC and always restarts XBMC when It exits (or crashes) I minimized the XBMC window with "\" and managed to get to the OS Desktop. Bothe terminal and Network preferences show an IP address. I can ping to and from it and browse the Internet from it, and SSH to it.. Only XBMC does not recognize it is connected.

IN XBMC System info it says NO LINK no MAC address, no IP address , no gateway, no DNS but "Internet: connected " at the bottom

I can download and install add ons! I can not play media from the network.

This is a NEW CLEAN INSTALL of os X 10.4.11 and XBMC 10.1. It worked for 3 days or so and now THIS?

UPDATE.......
Now at the finder if I shut down XBMC and restart it IP address shows, however MAC address shows 00:00:00:00:00:00
Maybe this is normal on thios platform?

Perhaps XBMC cached the DHCP lease tie yesterday which is why it booted directly to XBMC (no finder) successfully?

WIll do some further testing in a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC shows no IP but OS shows IP0