Lower power HTPC and HVR-5500
Hey there,

I'm currently using an old desktop (Core2 Duo) as a base for my xbmc. However, I'd like to move on to something smaller, nicer case and lower energy consumption.

My problem is that I'm fairly new to the low power consuming pcs, and don't really know what to get.

I was thinking of a Mini-ITX mainboard. My problem now is that I also would need a WinTV-HVR-5500 card for DVB-S2 and DVB-T.

Does anybody have an idea which processor would still be able to record with the card? I'd like to go as slow as possible, and ideally without a fan. At the hauppage website they recommend Pentium D 3.2 GHz / Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon 64 X2. But these are all not really suitable for a low power consumption, aren't they?

I don't want to play games with the pc, other than recording DVB-S2 I'll be used to watch movies (DVD/Bluray) and listen to music.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Peter
This build should work then:

1. Case- SILVERSTONE Sugo Series SG06-B. Silent fan and efficient PSU are included.
2. MOBO- ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75. It'll allow you to turn on/off HTPC with MCE IR/Remote.
3. APU- If you want the best, go for this- AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz and if you want slightly less core and still can playback everything, go for this- AMD A6-3500 Llano 2.1GHz (2.4GHz Max Turbo)
4. HDD- Patriot SSD 32GB.
5. RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB.
6. BD-ROM- LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lower power HTPC and HVR-55000