[RELEASE] Soundcloud plugin (eden)
(2012-10-13, 18:11)frumpy_uk Wrote: My only niggle is the order the tracks are shown in - not sure where the order comes from but I'd like the order to be the same as the default in the soundcloud dashboard i.e. in descending order of date favourited.

I had the same complaint about the ordering, so I looked at the code and it's ordering the tracks by "hotness".
If you have a look at the file %AppData%\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.soundcloud\xbmcsc\client.py, there's a lot of functions using the parameter QUERY_ORDER: "hotness" . I changed the one on line 211 to QUERY_ORDER: "created_at" and now when I look at a list of user's tracks, the most recent is always first. I think that's a big improvement.

The function for getting your favorite tracks is on line 133, but I'm pretty sure you can only sort by "created_at" or "hotness". There's no "favorited_at" in the soundcloud API. But at least the created_at order still makes more sense than hotness. Hope that helps!
favorited tracks by default are sorted by favorited date descending.
probably if you remove the order parameter in SC call, you'll get the tracks in order you want.
(2012-11-18, 01:21)Zouden Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 18:11)frumpy_uk Wrote: My only niggle is the order the tracks are shown in - not sure where the order comes from but I'd like the order to be the same as the default in the soundcloud dashboard i.e. in descending order of date favourited.

I had the same complaint about the ordering, so I looked at the code and it's ordering the tracks by "hotness".
If you have a look at the file %AppData%\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.soundcloud\xbmcsc\client.py, there's a lot of functions using the parameter QUERY_ORDER: "hotness" . I changed the one on line 211 to QUERY_ORDER: "created_at" and now when I look at a list of user's tracks, the most recent is always first. I think that's a big improvement.

The function for getting your favorite tracks is on line 133, but I'm pretty sure you can only sort by "created_at" or "hotness". There's no "favorited_at" in the soundcloud API. But at least the created_at order still makes more sense than hotness. Hope that helps!

(2012-12-01, 15:33)cucko Wrote: favorited tracks by default are sorted by favorited date descending.
probably if you remove the order parameter in SC call, you'll get the tracks in order you want.

Yes! That worked! Thanks guys. Apologies for the incredibly delayed response, I had failed to subscribe to the thread so didn't see any notifications...

Err... Not sure why, but having updated the client.py as above and then rebooted, I cannot login to soundcloud anymore!

Error is "warning login failed". The settings dialog pops up and it obviously wants me to check my credentials.

Just to make sure I logged myself off of the web client on my PC and I noticed it wanted a captcha before it would let me log in.

I wonder if this is why the addon isnt working anymore?

Any ideas anyone?
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
Well I removed the addon and re-installed from the Packages folder, still no joy.

UPDATE: Next I tried removing the add-on and then removing the add-ons settings as well (/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data) before re-installing. All working fine (phew!).
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
when i try to log in sondcloud in frodo it gives me login failed ,,any help ?
The same here. XBMC 12.2. Any sugestions ?
(2013-07-04, 21:55)Keinoom Wrote: The same here. XBMC 12.2. Any sugestions ?

Try removing and reinstalling. Might also be worth removing the settings as well as removing and reinstalling.

Otherwise read the wiki and post your log to give yourself a chance of getting help.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
I am having the same login issues with this plugin. It would be nice to play my favorite tracks from XBMC; in fact, that's really all I wanted to do.

I tried uninstalling along with removing the addon_data directory, but it still didn't work. The strange bit is that it did work momentarily when I first installed, but now all I get is login failed.

Here is the message from my log:

Code:
16:20:08 T:1356  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:20:09 T:4032  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
16:20:09 T:4032  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:20:16 T:1084   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.soundcloud/?mode=28&oauth_token&url=plugin%3a%2f%2fmusic%2fSoundCloud%2fyou
16:20:16 T:1084   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.soundcloud/?mode=28&oauth_token&url=plugin%3a%2f%2fmusic%2fSoundCloud%2fyou) failed
+1

i have the same login issues. worked finde before.
Suddenly soundcloud is working again for me. Don't understand how but thanks for whoever was behind that!

Actually it's not quite right. 1st track plays perfect. It wants to play the next track but jumps to the next and so on without actually playing anything.

I have reverted to using mycloudplayer on my Android phone and controlling xbmc with that. Works great!
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
do have the same problem
could we get any response from the dev?
thanks
I also cannot login to Soundcloud anymore. I had a look at the client.py file, it uses this "https://soundcloud.com/connect/login" as the login url. When I opened that url Soundcloud could not find the page. I am thinking that there were some API changes. The addon is quite old after all.

Can we get clarification from the team regarding the status of this addon?
(2014-06-16, 18:26)Oli_Oops Wrote: I also cannot login to Soundcloud anymore. I had a look at the client.py file, it uses this "https://soundcloud.com/connect/login" as the login url. When I opened that url Soundcloud could not find the page. I am thinking that there were some API changes. The addon is quite old after all.

Can we get clarification from the team regarding the status of this addon?

Which team? We don't maintain it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It logged me in after a restart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Soundcloud plugin (eden)0